Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 May 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

Watching the ice calving in Glacier Bay. ( That is when the ice falls away from the main part in chunks).
I’m cheating slightly as the highlight was actually the Northern Lights but that wasn’t on the cruise part!

Edited at 03:19 PM.
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Glacier Bay National park - amazing day ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I would be more than happy to be woken up at 330am if the lights showed...not sure about DW though

Thanks for that
DW would be delighted!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Our highlight was seeing grizzly bear whilst on a whale watching trip! There was only four of us on the boat and the captain said in early summer the grizzlies often ate sea weed on the shore until the salmon started running - so we hugged the shore on the way out. ...sure enough.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Mobile

Seeing a "super-pod" of over 50 Orca!
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Seeing a "super-pod" of over 50 Orca!
Wow!🐋🐋🐋🐋
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

I know you said only one, but our highlight isn't probably one that most people could / would do and that was flying into the Arctic Circle then on a boat to see polar bears (just a day trip). Think we saw 11 altogether and pretty close too - really amazing!

Sorry, but we also loved flying from Seward by helicopter to a glacier and taking a dog sled ride and cuddled the most adorable puppies!

For a more 'normal' highlight, I'd say seeing bears when we went on a private excursion at Icy Straight Point / Hoonah as again, we got so close it was incredible.

We really loved Alaska and the train made it so easy to get around by ourselves before the cruise - we flew into Fairbanks then train to Denali - Talkeetna - Anchorage - Seward where we joined the cruise.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
A very big "Thank you" to everyone who has replied so far.

So my next question is..if you had to pick one highlight from your Alaskan trip what would it be?

On this occasion only one
Hmmmm only one?

Man that’s tough.

Ok. Taking the train up the white pass/yukon route. I’ve never seen anything as beautiful in my life. Looking down from the top of the mountain and seeing tiny cruise ships docked in the bay was something l’ll never forget.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Have you looked at cruisecritic.com ? A very useful website along the same lines as the Dibb. When you first register/login do not let yourself be directed to the U.K. version, which is not a patch on the US site?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Agree with the above - cruise critic American site is invaluable when planning.

We flew into Vancouver and spent a weekend there before travelling to Vancouver Island for a week. Then we came back and did our cruise out of Vancouver. It was just amazing.

Highlight for me was the scenery and the glaciers. We had a cabin right at the front of the ship. My parents came with us and they had one at the aft. We had the best of both worlds!
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List