Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Nov 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks! I've worked with some great DIBB brides!

If you do book your beach wedding but need help with accessories please feel free to get in touch. We work with Disney brides that use our parcel delivery service. You can order your accessories online, ship them to our address to be stored until you arrive. We deliver your bridal parcel the evening of arrival.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 13, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Well we have now booked our wedding. We are having a simple ceremony on Cocoa Beach with just the 2 of us, my 2 little boys & OH's son on 22nd August this year.

All we've done so far is pay the deposit to confirm the date and that's it, so think I need to get my finger out!

Still not really agreed on what to do back in the UK either. I'm sure it will all come together eventually.

Edited at 06:34 PM.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 13, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Well we've still not got any further with our arrangements so really need to get moving!

As our ceremony is at 11am, we were thinking of just grabbing a snack in the cocoa beach area afterwards and then heading back to the villa, which is in Davenport.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on where we could go for a nice meal later on. Could be either somewhere on the back way or near to the villa, or anywhere really!

Any help would be much appreciated.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 13, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Any thoughts anyone?
Old 25 Jan 13, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post

The world is your oyster when it comes to restaurants! I pretty much just stick to Disney when I'm there so onsite places i'm good with but not offsite! I'm sure someone will have some great ideas!
Old 25 Jan 13, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks Tabz. Might sound like a daft question but do you actually go into the parks to use the onsite restaurants? If so, do we need to make sure we have park tickets for that particular day? Sorry to sound silly but I've never been before! Would like to watch the fireworks as well, so somewhere we could do this would be good.
Old 25 Jan 13, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry don't know Davenport or Cocoa Beach that well for places to eat.

Ones we like in Orlando are:

Delmonico's (you could hire a private area as they have a few)
Maggianos
Margaritaville
Hard Rock
Cheesecake Factory

There's lots of nice restaurants but we've only eaten in Orlando or Clearwater.
Old 25 Jan 13, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
Thanks Tabz. Might sound like a daft question but do you actually go into the parks to use the onsite restaurants? If so, do we need to make sure we have park tickets for that particular day? Sorry to sound silly but I've never been before! Would like to watch the fireworks as well, so somewhere we could do this would be good.
Onsite refers to the whole resort - hotels and parks. Hotels you don't need park tickets to go into eat at their restaurants, and some of the best restaurants are actually in the hotels!

For fireworks I'd recommend 2 places - Narccossees at the Grand Floridian (I've not eaten here personally but I hear it's amazing) you can then watch the fireworks from the landing around the outside of the restaurant.
The other would be Ohana, or anywhere at the Polynesian resort - you can then watch the Wishes fireworks from the beach just outside.
Old 25 Jan 13, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you both for your suggestions. Will have a look at them all and hopefully make a decision!
Old 26 Jan 13, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

My geography is terrible so not sure how close it is to Davenport but Texas De Brazil is fabulous x
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread