Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 17 May 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile Online grocery substitutions...

How on earth do they come up with them my guess is there some sort of algorithm that tells the pickers what to offer that is the least costly to them? For example... 8 bottles of Old Speckled Hen ale ordered. Now it comes in Packs of 4, boxes of 8, separate bottles, cans in 4 packs. So if the box of 8 wasn’t available there are plenty of other options for the picker( I doubt they were all out of stock). What was offered as a sub? 8 cans of Newcastle brown ale.

Anyone know how it works? We’ve had so many subs (ASDA) where what we’ve got isn’t wanted but we can’t hand them back anyone. We take it to our local food bank.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I have no idea but my mum has been getting online deliveries and she got banana milkshake as a substitute for the bananas she actually wanted.

Hopefully someone here will know how they chose the substitutions.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

I have given up with the daft substitutions and mark the order "no substitutions"!
Old 17 May 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I ordered bbq skewers and got a pack of forks 😃 (Asda)
Old 17 May 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
I have given up with the daft substitutions and mark the order "no substitutions"!
This used to be me, but as this is the only shop I do at the moment I like to see what they will offer me.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

I ordered packs of pizza base mix and got packs of crumble topping mix. Mmmm- tasty with pepperoni 😉😂
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
We've been doing click & collect at Tesco for maybe 10 years and have obviously continued with it now.

A few weeks ago they substituted Rinse Aid with dishwasher cleaner. We now have the cleanest dishwasher in the road but the streakiest plates.

Mick
Old 17 May 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We've been doing click & collect at Tesco for maybe 10 years and have obviously continued with it now.

A few weeks ago they substituted Rinse Aid with dishwasher cleaner. We now have the cleanest dishwasher in the road but the streakiest plates.

Mick
Off track but curious? Do you use rinse aid and salt with all in one tablets?
"no criticism involved honest, get worried nowadays about offending anyone"
Old 17 May 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Some of them are funny.

But I would actually like to know how it’s worked out. I know the pickers can’t use their brains. They have to do what they are told to from the computer, a neighbour works for Asda told me this.
Old 17 May 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Off track but curious? Do you use rinse aid and salt with all in one tablets?
"no criticism involved honest, get worried nowadays about offending anyone"
GG

You know I'm 74 years old not a 20 year old who gets offended by anything Oh dear I hope I haven't offended any 20 year olds by saying that.

I've always wondered that to be honest and yes we do use the all in one tablets but still keep the salt and rinse aid topped up when the machine starts with the annoying flashing light.

Our choice of tablets is led by £££ though and not fancy brand names.

When Tesco couldn't deliver Finish I went to Lidl and got their own brand. Three times the quantity for the same price.

Mick