Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

If they reopen at 1-Park per day for the foreseeable then how do you reckon they will compensate those with hopper tickets?

I’m assuming any new pickets purchased may as well be the cheaper 1-park per day variant.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
If they reopen at 1-Park per day for the foreseeable then how do you reckon they will compensate those with hopper tickets?

I’m assuming any new pickets purchased may as well be the cheaper 1-park per day variant.
probally a refund. I can see them telling park hoppers to go to the ticket booths in the esplanade to get a refund on the day or they could just do the refund through the My Disney Account.

I usually do 1 park per day anyway, I find it a much more relaxed way to do the parks.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
probally a refund. I can see them telling park hoppers to go to the ticket booths in the esplanade to get a refund on the day or they could just do the refund through the My Disney Account.

I usually do 1 park per day anyway, I find it a much more relaxed way to do the parks.
With 1-park per day are you able to leave the park and go and grab something to eat at Downtown Disney at any point before being allowed entry back in the park under the same days access?
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If it helps, I had planned on getting hopper tickets until I started reading about what was happening at WDW. I bought my tickets at the weekend on undercover tourist, and I asked on the online chat about upgrading one day tickets to park hopper, and they told me you can do that when you arrive so I’ve just bought the base tickets, and then if we get there we can upgrade them if we’re able to park hop!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

With 1-park per day are you able to leave the park and go and grab something to eat at Downtown Disney at any point before being allowed entry back in the park under the same days access?
Yes. At Disneyland when you first use your ticket, either the 1 park per day or the park hopper, they take your photo. You can go in and out of the parks as much times as you like.

Sometimes I go around Downtown Disney for a few hours. One year I did lunch at Storytellers restaurant in The Grand California Hotel, which is located in Downtown Disney.

Many families take an afternoon break at their hotel for some pool time.

When you want to re enter the park, you scan your ticket and your photo pops up on the screen.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

UPDATE TUESDAY 9 JUNE

Right now tickets are still available, but if you are planning to get tickets, I would do so ASAP.
we bought our tickets a few months ago from 365 Tickets (no longer in business ) but haven't inked them to the app yet - do you know if we did link them, but didn't get there, could they still be extended until next year? thanks
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
we bought our tickets a few months ago from 365 Tickets (no longer in business ) but haven't inked them to the app yet - do you know if we did link them, but didn't get there, could they still be extended until next year? thanks
All Disneyland tickets, no matter where you buy them, retain their value. Keep them safe and whenever you do eventually get there and its after the expiry date, you just take them to the ticket kiosk in the esplanade. They will use the old tickets as part payment for new tickets and you just pay the difference.
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

HOLD ONTO YOUR MICKEY EARS, THE SPECULATION AND SILENCE COULD BE NEARING AN END

twitter/DLthings/status/1270400274876653568

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, #Disneyland Resort reopening timeline announcement expected to drop tomorrow (6/10) @ noon PST

(so thats 8pm London time)
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, #Disneyland Resort reopening timeline announcement expected to drop tomorrow (6/10) @ noon PST

Finally!
Fingers crossed for some good news .
Found out the merlin parks here are opening July 4th so happy our Alton towers visit will be on .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ah I so, so hope that they’re right! I’m really hoping for some news.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List