Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This is an interesting thread 👍 I'm actually now considering not bothering with WDW at all next year (nothing booked as of yet) due to this most recent update regarding the park system.
I'm going to wait for this DC announcement and see what their plans are for 2021 and go from there. I would assume it would be similar to WDW but do you think they will do the reservations into 2021 or just keep them for 2020?!
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jadepansy459 View Post
This is an interesting thread 👍 I'm actually now considering not bothering with WDW at all next year (nothing booked as of yet) due to this most recent update regarding the park system.
I'm going to wait for this DC announcement and see what their plans are for 2021 and go from there. I would assume it would be similar to WDW but do you think they will do the reservations into 2021 or just keep them for 2020?!
thanks and welcome

I think yes that Disneyland will do the reservations into 2021 but it will be far less involved that WDW. I'm watching people loose their minds over WDW and I'm thinking, wow, Disneyland is such an easier place to plan for

At Disneyland there is only 3 onsite hotels, no dining plan, no Magic Bands or Fastpass+ The dining reservations have always been at 60 days for everyone. And most people only do a 5 day max stay so the whole WDW 14 and 21 day tickets being suspended does not apply.

Even before Covid 19 Disneyland was such a stress free planning experience compared to WDW
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tides
Helping Minnie

Thanks for starting this thread Tink
I'm slightly concerned as we haven't got our park tickets yet but I'm watching with fingers crossed that they will be back on sale in plenty of time for our Christmas trip.
DLR: 2011 Sheraton Park, Anaheim
Disney Cruise line: 2013 Disney Fantasy, 2016 Disney Magic
Tides is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

sorry to go slightly off track here but I'm getting myself in a tizzy!

We are booked to go to DL 1st week of October this year after driving Route 66 (TBH I'm really hoping it's cancelled as I'm still shielding so can't take any risks) but trying to fit in all this year's trip as well as next years into 2021 is getting pretty tricky - would you recommend visiting in May or first week of October? I really would like to see Halloween decor (C'mas would be too late for Route 66 apparently) but hubby thinks May would be a better time for the whole trip and until we decide, we can't re-arrange our other trips to slot in - first world problems, eh!
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
sorry to go slightly off track here but I'm getting myself in a tizzy!

We are booked to go to DL 1st week of October this year after driving Route 66 (TBH I'm really hoping it's cancelled as I'm still shielding so can't take any risks) but trying to fit in all this year's trip as well as next years into 2021 is getting pretty tricky - would you recommend visiting in May or first week of October? I really would like to see Halloween decor (C'mas would be too late for Route 66 apparently) but hubby thinks May would be a better time for the whole trip and until we decide, we can't re-arrange our other trips to slot in - first world problems, eh!
Well all previous crowd predictions and things to do in Disneyland are irrelevant now. We are starting with a clean slate. We don't know how long the they will be limiting capacity and requiring reservations.

So with that in mind, I would say there is no difference between October and May other than personal preference.

Your tickets will hold their value so you don't have to worry about them.

The issue to me would be the Route 66 part of your trip. Have you checked the places you intend to visit? Will they be open in October? What about the hotels? If you moved to May would you be able to move the dates without penalty? The same with the flights, can you can change dates easily?

To me your you need to evaluate each stage of your trip and work out will you comfortable with possible restrictions and limitations in October, or do you change to May when things could be less restricted.

Also regarding Halloween, we don't know if Disney will do anything this year. I am hoping they put up the decorations and change to Haunted Mansion Overlay, but we don't know. The Oggie Boogie Bash as well as other Halloween entertainment could be cancelled. If you are going to Disneyland expecting to see all that, and its not there will it ruin your trip?
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Great thread, following as we may well change to California over Orlando next year. Thinking of including Monterey, Yosemite, Anaheim and San Diego. I've been to California once pre kids and always wanted to return but was intending to do Orlando first, may just flip that if California is a less restrictive option next year
Old 20 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Have been looking at hotels in Anaheim... Has anyone stayed in the Sheraton Park ? Saw it in a vlog and am considering it as not a bad price too.

Still not going to make a decision until I know DCL procedure for 2021 but I am itching to book something so I can properly look forward to it!

Will also need a ton of advice on LA as I am a total newbie , never been and has always been on my wish list. Was looking at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hollywood (looks close to walk of fame area and lots of dining etc ) was expecting to Uber / metro round a lot of places.
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tides
Helping Minnie

We stayed at the Sheraton Park in 2011. It's a nice hotel and they used to do the best pancakes in Molly's Kitchen (which I don't think is there anymore).
When we returned in 2018 we opted to stay at the Residence Inn at the Convention centre as it was slightly closer to the parks and provided breakfast - which is always handy for a quick up and out to the parks. We've booked the Residence again for our Christmas return this year.
DLR: 2011 Sheraton Park, Anaheim
Disney Cruise line: 2013 Disney Fantasy, 2016 Disney Magic
Tides is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Any idea how much Uber / Lyft is from LAX to Anaheim?

I’ve also seen this local company

mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Good morning

I am just pricing up a trip for next year please
We will be travelling as 3 adults and a 13 year old

Ideally we would like 8 nights in LA

So fly to LAX
? premium economy

4 nights in Anaheim – maybe onsite in paradise pier or disneyland hotel or if not 2 rooms in:
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
Anaheim Discovery Inn & Suites
Grand Legacy At The Park
(open to suggestions though)

Followed by 4 nights in Garland hotel in LA

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List