Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Mar 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Happy Birthday to your daughter, I hope she’s had a good day!

My dd turns 18 on Saturday so like your DD will have her second lockdown birthday. Although my DD wasn’t prem, she was induced at 38 weeks as she wasn’t growing and was not coping, she was 4lb 9 and was in special care for 12 days - the hardest thing I’ve ever done emotionally (so far) was leaving my new baby at the hospital! Like you I can’t believe that little dot is going to be 18

Cheers to you all! x
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
schnauzer
Excited about Disney

Happy 18th birthday to your lovely daughter. My daughter also celebrated her 18th in lockdown. The young ones have had it so difficult. Hope you're all having a fabulous day celebrating x
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter x
Thank you

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Ah brilliant. Happy Birthday Hope! What a beautiful name. Hope you all have a lovely day and can celebrate another time in style.
I can relate to all you say. My little man will turn 18 in Sept. Born at 32 weeks weighing 4lbs. 4 weeks in hospital too. He is now 6ft 1 and an absolute dote of a lad am so proud of him too.
Thank you. Happy Birthday to your DS for September, thank goodness we'll be out of restrictions by then! I'm glad he was ok too, it's such a scary start to motherhood isn't it!

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Happy 18th to your lovely daughter 🥳🎂🥂🍾
Hope she has a super day xx
Thank you Claire

Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
Happy Birthday Hope x
Thank you

Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
Happy 18th to your daughter, my DD had her 18th in lockdown last year - she is 19 in 2 weeks so will be having a 2nd lockdown birthday.
Hope your daughter had a good day and 🤞 for some normality soon for everyone x
Thank you. I'm so sorry for your DD too, truly sucks having a lockdown birthday! Lots to celebrate as soon as we can

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Happy 18th Birthday Hope!
Thank you

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Happy birthday Hope, our teenagers have coped with so much. Have a lovely day xx
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
You are right to be a proud Mumma.

I hope you've all had a great day today for Hope's 18th birthday.

It's my DHs 60th tomorrow. I know he will miss something special with family, especially as his are 250 miles away so they can't even drop things off for him distanced from the door!
Thank you! We've had a nice chilled day and she's loved her presents which is always a bonus.
I'm so sorry for your DH. I don't think it matters what age you are, having a lockdown birthday so far away from family is rubbish. I tested positive for Covid on my birthday in November and I well and truly through my toys out of the pram that day

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Happy 18th Birthday Hope! 🎂 🎉
Thank you!

Originally Posted by corey1 View Post
Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. Hope she has a great day. They grow up so quick don't they
Thank you
They grow up far too quick, I hate to think that we only have another year or 2 of her wanting to come on holiday with us. Although if we're paying then she'll always come

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I hope Hope has had an amazingly brilliant birthday today Alicia!
Thank you Karen!

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Happy 18th Hope! From a tiny baby to a beautiful young lady, hope she can celebrate big when this is all over!
Thank you Rachel! We keep saying to her she can have a party in the summer but she says she's happy to keep it low key. Nothing like her dear old Mum, I was straight out to Oceana in Kingston on my 18th birthday

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Happy birthday to your DD! I hope she’s had a lovely day even though it might not be what she had envisaged for her 18th.
Thank you Rachael. We've managed to have a nice day regardless. Fish and chips for dinner, Millies cookie for dessert now we've settled down to watch her favourite Fast and Furious film

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Happy 18th Birthday to your daughter 🎉🎉

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely day 🎉🎉

Lots of birthday best wishes.

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hopefulholiday View Post
Happy Birthday to your daughter, I hope she’s had a good day!

My dd turns 18 on Saturday so like your DD will have her second lockdown birthday. Although my DD wasn’t prem, she was induced at 38 weeks as she wasn’t growing and was not coping, she was 4lb 9 and was in special care for 12 days - the hardest thing I’ve ever done emotionally (so far) was leaving my new baby at the hospital! Like you I can’t believe that little dot is going to be 18

Cheers to you all! x
Thank you! Gosh, sounds scary. That really is tiny for a nearly full term baby! I think that was the hardest part for me, the leaving of her in SCBU. I was in at 7am every morning and left whenever they chucked us out in the evening. Got to know the nurses really well in there! I'm glad your DD is ok, I hope she has a lovely birthday on Saturday

Originally Posted by schnauzer View Post
Happy 18th birthday to your lovely daughter. My daughter also celebrated her 18th in lockdown. The young ones have had it so difficult. Hope you're all having a fabulous day celebrating x
Thank you . They really have and deserve so much more credit for what they've given up

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Happy birthday Hope, our teenagers have coped with so much. Have a lovely day xx
Thank you Elizabeth! They certainly have, I'm particularly gutted that she's had her whole Uni experience tainted so far. As you know, having to choose a Uni where they'll be for at least 3 years by just a virtual tour has been so difficult. I hope your two are well though

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
Happy 18th Birthday to your daughter 🎉🎉

Sounds like you’ve had a lovely day 🎉🎉

Lots of birthday best wishes.

Ali x
Thank you Ali!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Happy 18th birthday to your beautiful daughter

Glad she's had a lovely chilled day xx

I'm celebrating my second lockdown birthday today too, what a special bunch we are
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

2lbs 14oz -what a miracle!

I can't even begin to appreciate how wonderful such a small baby must have felt but as time has progressed - and especially during Covid - I'm valuing every birthday - congratulations and here's to spending some good times together as lockdown relinquishes its grip.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List