Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 11 Aug 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Iceminnie44
New Poster (5)

:) Buena Vista Palace

I’ve made a booking for POFQ with Disney dine package mid September 2022 but need to change due to can’t get the time off work. So looking at mid May 2022 instead - perhaps less chance of thunderstorms as well?

POFQ isn’t available but happy to look at alternatives, perhaps even a Disney partner hotel - I like where Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace is located. I have some questions if Dibb members can help;

Using the sky bridge is it a long walk to Disney Springs?
I won’t have a car so will need to use the shuttle to the parks- is this a good service?

Another option is to look at a value Disney hotel that does have my dates - but are these too far out using the Disney park transportation?

Thanks very much
Iceminnie44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I haven't stayed at BVP myself but I have friends that do and love it. It's a quick walk (under 10 mins) to DS and the shuttles were every half an hour pre-Covid. I think they're still limited service at the moment, so worth checking the schedule closer to your date. In the afternoons, you can also get the bus back to DS and walk back which they typically did anyway as would stop and get dinner there.

But the furthest values only add a couple of minutes at the most to the parks compared to the moderates. They're really not far. I would say Pop is actually better located than POFQ is, especially with the Skyliner.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Iceminnie44
New Poster (5)

Thanks Ioldis that's helpful.
Iceminnie44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We are seriously consider BVP as we love the DS area. We are going at Easter so there’s not so much incentive to stay onsite with no offer. I love the fact it has balconies and a lazy river. Plus most of the perks that on-site has.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Been to this hotel about 8 times now! Depending how quick you walk I would say from room to springs 10 mins max. I tend to go over most evenings for a wander.

Pool area huge.

Transport to Disney, I will not lie😁...twice per hour, 2 parks to each coach. They can be fab, on time and quick and then next day not so. I tended to make sure I was at least 5 mins early and prepared to wait. Palace is last pick up and drop off which can be a pain. They provide another coach if the normal one us full, at times this has worked to my advantage when they send cabs and at one time a coach with only 3 on board! Of course all could change, I believe currently the service is cut to a few morning and evening but my guess is that they will revert when things get back to some sort of normality.

I stay in tower, you want to make sure you are on a floor above the open atrium 12 and above I think) as sound dies travel upwards from the bar.

Beware of resort charges make sure you budget them in. I think there is a parking charge but I don't drive so not totally sure.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Forgot to say. I could talk about this hotel all day😁

There are a few ways to get back to palace from parks without having to wait for the hotels bus. Disney hotel to springs or direct to springs after 4.30.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do you have to pay to park in the parks if you stay at this hotel with it being a partner hotel?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Do you have to pay to park in the parks if you stay at this hotel with it being a partner hotel?
I believe so, it's not listed as a partner benefit.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List