JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
I would say:
Struggling for a seat at night
Waiting quite a long time for service
How packed in the sunbeds are
How rocky it was 🤢
That the indoor pool and hot tubs were full of toddlers (as there was nowhere else for them to go only being allowed 1hr x 2 in kids club)
The rude behaviour of other passengers to staff

I think your experience would have been much better with so few passengers. They definitely didn’t have enough staff when we were on but they will hopefully have fixed that by your next dates.

I still can’t decide whether cruising is for us, but think I would need to try a ‘proper’ one to really know 🤔
Some of your list will occur on any ship at any time, some of them are Typical of school holiday cruising, some are pandemic related, some sound like MSC could have done better.

It is unusual to have a all Inclusive cruise so I imagine MSC didn’t anticipate the drinks demand.

We didn’t experience your issues, we had 38 kids on the week we were on and three were ours 😂😂, at 17:00 the pool dec cleared out and we spent the most glorious 3 hours in the pool and hot tub every evening, most of the time only the 9 of us with 3/4 waiters waiting for our orders ! It was very magical.

I also a had my 7 am morning swim all alone with the waiter fetching my tea to the table within even asking.

We spent our evenings after the show at the outdoor atmosphere bar again all to ourselves, we Danced the night away just the 9 of us, I think the inside was busy but we are happy with our own company and the bar man keeping the drinks flowing, making the kids their own unique mock tails named after them.

The sea was so calm and the weather so warm, it was like we were in the med.

Kids club open for 12 hours a day with lots of space.

I know we had a very unique experience we were very very lucky.

Kids back at school when we go again so hopefully we might get lesser numbers, im just happy of a holiday In these times TBH.

Edited at 09:16 PM.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Some of your list will occur on any ship at any time, some of them are Typical of school holiday cruising, some are pandemic related, some sound like MSC could have done better.

It is unusual to have a all Inclusive cruise so I imagine MSC didn’t anticipate the drinks demand.

We didn’t experience your issues, we had 38 kids on the week we were on and three were ours 😂😂, at 17:00 the pool dec cleared out and we spent the most glorious 3 hours in the pool and hot tub every evening, most of the time only the 9 of us with 3/4 waiters waiting for our orders ! It was very magical.

I also a had my 7 am morning swim all alone with the waiter fetching my tea to the table within even asking.

We spent our evenings after the show at the outdoor atmosphere bar again all to ourselves, we Danced the night away just the 9 of us, I think the inside was busy but we are happy with our own company and the bar man keeping the drinks flowing, making the kids their own unique mock tails named after them.

The sea was so calm and the weather so warm, it was like we were in the med.

Kids club open for 12 hours a day with lots of space.

I know we had a very unique experience we were very very lucky.

Kids back at school when we go again so hopefully we might lesser numbers, im just happy of a holiday In these times TBH.
Well that was definitely a different holiday to ours then!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Just to compare with Disney. I believe we were at 60% capacity.

We never had trouble finding a seat in a bar but I did struggle with sun loungers one day.

Service was very prompt.

The weather was smooth. But that’s not something Disney can take credit for.

Disney don’t have an indoor pool. They have three outdoor pools at the toddlers are all in the ‘baby’ pool. The older kids pool was busy with a timed system in place. 15 minutes in the water then back out.

The adult pool was very quiet.
Sounds like Disney may have had some things more under control / sufficiently staffed then.

I still can’t decide whether it’s just MSC/UK or whether cruising just isn’t for us. I will definitely need to try another before I would know I think x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Loved reading along, glad your last day at sea was calm and sunny and the evening once again sounded lovely!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Thank you for sharing, really enjoyed reading

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ele
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Thank you for sharing your report.
I was lovely to read.
I want a Cocktail now.

Instead of going to Florida we did a cruise too.
We are in Germany and did a Cruise with „Mein Schiff 6“ (TUI Cruises) from Kiel to sweden.
It was a lovely week with sunny weater and a calm sea.

We were torn between MSC (the MSC Seaview is sailing from Germany) and „Mein Schiff“. I think my boys would have loved the waterslides.

P.S.
The pic shows my husband enjoying an BBC (Banana Baileys Colada)
Ele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Helen, cheers for the recommendation 😉

loola30 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Thanks for this I have so enjoyed reading your trippy! We've just booked this cruise and are due to go next Saturday. Wasn't quite sure what to expect but after reading your report I'm really excited!
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List