Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Sep 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hula Doola View Post
This was my experience earlier in the year for May dates, I only booked the flights yesterday having checked daily since then whilst they just kept climbing. Sudden brief dip yesterday - still higher than I originally hoped for but by now I have realised that my original number was obviously unrealistic! Today the same flights have jumped back up by £650 (for 4 of us) so be ready to pounce when you do see a price you can work with 🤞
Thank you that's reassuring as I've gone into book after my last post and the fly drive is now £5600 was £3800 this morning, that's flying into Tampa 2 adults and 2 children 😮
I will be checking constantly now 😫
Old 7 Sep 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

It becomes a bit addictive!
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I’ve been checking daily for our flights 3-24 August. We’re happy to fly into Orlando, Tampa or Miami. At the moment, I think our best bet is to wait for American Airlines flights to come on line for our return flight and fly to Miami. The outward flight is substantially lower than BA.

I’m shocked at the price of car hire - looking at over £1500 for a SUV. Tempted to just book flights and 1 night hotel to get a package (when the price is better), then look around for car hire separately.
Old 8 Sep 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Can I just confirm its 1am they go on sale for BA? I can do mine tomorrow so thinking of doing it then.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ferb
Earning More Ears

It was release day for our return flights today. Been tracking the prices for a while and decided to set the alarm for 1am to see what the prices were.
Booked gatwick to Tampa 2ad 2ch 7th to 28th August for £3200 (Heathrow to MCO was £3900 at that time) checked again around 8am and the price had increased by £300 in total. At lunch time the price had increased by £800 in total. For us it was worth the alarm as I am comfortable at the price we paid for direct. Now must stop looking 😁
Ferb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ferb View Post
It was release day for our return flights today. Been tracking the prices for a while and decided to set the alarm for 1am to see what the prices were.
Booked gatwick to Tampa 2ad 2ch 7th to 28th August for £3200 (Heathrow to MCO was £3900 at that time) checked again around 8am and the price had increased by £300 in total. At lunch time the price had increased by £800 in total. For us it was worth the alarm as I am comfortable at the price we paid for direct. Now must stop looking 😁
Wow! Well done you! On both parts! The good price AND getting up at 1am! Certainly paid you well to do so . I think i will be doing similar when the Oct half term comes around, i hope im not due to work that day tho! Might be a bit fog eyed for getting up at 1am x
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I looked at 1am this morning and saw no difference in price at all from the previous day on the newly released dates unfortunately.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Just did mine. Will keep an eye on the prices over the coming days and feedback.
Booked as a package so will cancel and rebook if they become cheaper as the year goes on. Off to bed now - hope I can sleep before my 6.30 alarm 😅
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I did mine last night at 1am with BA, custom trip.

Exact price now at 6.30am as it was at 1am. I think it will rise after 8am. Will post my findings.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

Booked mine at 1am and by 6.50am they'd gone up by £70!