Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Nov 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Daughter just pulled out of WDW Trip

At the last minute our daughter (22) has pulled out of our WDW trip for this coming Saturday.

She's doing a Masters degree and thought she would be fine to come and had lined up assignments to fit and had everything well planned.

Some oversight meant she would have to do some work when we were away - to remove the stress on herself she's decided to not come at all.

Gutted but I'm glad/proud she had the mental strength/maturity to recognise she could be jeopardising her degree by coming.

Flight was a standalone BA one so that's just been cancelled and converted into a future voucher which I can use for some flights planned for next December.

Left with a WDW Ultimate 14 day ticket - I'll just have to suck that one up.

From being mega excited for our trip, now pretty flat and trying to concentrate on getting last minute things with work finished off.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Very Serious Dibber

Aww! That’s a shame but the degree is important so I’m sure it’ll be worth it.

Edited at 03:17 PM.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Must be very hard when your plans get thrown into disarray at the last minute. Try to look for the positives - she seems to be throwing herself into her masters and recognises what needs to be done. You get a bit of couple time and may save a bit of cash on meals and shopping.
It will be a great trip but different than you expected
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Could you not contact Disney to see if they'll extend the ticket to next year? I believe some people have managed to do this.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nanu View Post
Could you not contact Disney to see if they'll extend the ticket to next year? I believe some people have managed to do this.
She can't come next year, she's on a placement for most of the year.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Aww, sorry to hear that she’s decided so late not to go away with you 😬
On the plus side what a dedicated daughter you’ve got, putting her future first before a date with Mickey 🇺🇸❤️
Good luck to her 🤩
Have a fabulous holiday
Safe journey
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
2Point. Sorry to hear about your news but your Daughter has almost certainly made the right decision.

To the ticket. As you are aware it’s too late to change it before you go via the normal E Mail system. But whilst there you can extend it to a 2022 start date and pay the few extra dollars for that yearly price increase.
Then next year you can via MDE re assign it to another person on your next trip.

Best of luck and although it won’t now be the same enjoy your holiday.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
At the last minute our daughter (22) has pulled out of our WDW trip for this coming Saturday.

She's doing a Masters degree and thought she would be fine to come and had lined up assignments to fit and had everything well planned.

Some oversight meant she would have to do some work when we were away - to remove the stress on herself she's decided to not come at all.

Gutted but I'm glad/proud she had the mental strength/maturity to recognise she could be jeopardising her degree by coming.

Flight was a standalone BA one so that's just been cancelled and converted into a future voucher which I can use for some flights planned for next December.

Left with a WDW Ultimate 14 day ticket - I'll just have to suck that one up.

From being mega excited for our trip, now pretty flat and trying to concentrate on getting last minute things with work finished off.
So sorry to hear this fella we all know its not the same without our kids but please try to have a great time anyway
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

That's so disappointing for you but at least it's removed the stress of trying to work away from home for your DD.
Have a great trip anyway, there will be more in the future with your daughter.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List