Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Jun 18, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

New York prices - April

Hi, I wondered if anybody would be happy to share their experience of April New York prices and where/when you got the best deals? I had been looking at BA package prices for Feb-March 19 before April was released and found options for 5-6 nights for around 2k. This is for 2 adults, 1 teen, 1 child, direct flights from Gatwick. However since April has been released the best prices for my actual dates (around 6th-13th) are closer to 3k, which we won't be able to afford so I'm feeling disappointed now that we won't be able to go after all, unless prices come down later. It's first week of school hols for us, we can't go in term time but I assumed we'd get best prices by avoiding actual Easter weekend. I've been checking Norweigan, but they don't seem to have released flights for next April yet.
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

can you not go any other time over easter? ive just booked with Ba for april 12th 2019 which is the day my kids break up for easter
Old 7 Jun 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

It has always been the case the cheapest time to go to New York is April, don't know why but you get some good deals in April. We paid 2K for two of us for nine nights 5 years ago and I have looked at New York recently it is double that price now. Have you tried booking the flight and hotel separately you may get a better deal.
Old 7 Jun 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ems35 View Post
can you not go any other time over easter? ive just booked with Ba for april 12th 2019 which is the day my kids break up for easter
Hi thanks for the reply - yes my kids break up on 5th but we could go later in the hols. However I just priced up 12th and that week definitely seems even more expensive than the week before. Did you get a good price?
bigplan415 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Floridag1rl View Post
It has always been the case the cheapest time to go to New York is April, don't know why but you get some good deals in April. We paid 2K for two of us for nine nights 5 years ago and I have looked at New York recently it is double that price now. Have you tried booking the flight and hotel separately you may get a better deal.
Hi, thanks for reply, I looked at separate flights and hotels originally as I usually do DIY but as central NY hotels are so expensive BA packages seemed to work out cheaper. However I think I do need to keep looking for good flight only options.
Old 8 Jun 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ems35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bigplan415 View Post
Hi thanks for the reply - yes my kids break up on 5th but we could go later in the hols. However I just priced up 12th and that week definitely seems even more expensive than the week before. Did you get a good price?
I think ours was £3400 for 2 adults and 3 kids eldest will be 17 so not sure if classed as child or adult 5 nights in times square hotel with ba flights
Old 9 Jun 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
bigplan415
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ems35 View Post
I think ours was £3400 for 2 adults and 3 kids eldest will be 17 so not sure if classed as child or adult 5 nights in times square hotel with ba flights
Thank for the info, hope you have a great time.