Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Aug 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Swan & Dolphin or Buena Vista Palace

Really unsure which route to go here.

I've currently got 5 Nights @ Coronado Springs booked for next year, planning to book 2 Nights at Hard Rock Hotel, then another week back at WDW.

For the week back at WDW it's currently between Swan & Dolphin or the Buena Vista Palace.

On the one hand, the Buena Vista Palace looks lovely and is walkable to Disney Springs, but I can't find any up to date information on the parks shuttle.

On the other the Swan and Dolphin is walkable to Epcot (Food and Wine! ) and Hollywood Studios and it qualifies for Extra Evening Hours - but is nearly twice the price of the Buena Vista Palace.

The lack of (official) information about the future of FastPass doesn't help either, as this could swing the balance in favour of the Swan & Dolphin depending upon what's announced.
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The partner hotels are still running a limited shuttle service, hopefully this will increase to its normal service soon. The current shuttle schedule is here: localhotelsite.buenavistapal...21-24x36-1.pdf (linked from this page for future updates: buenavistapalace/disney-advantage/ )

I would personally go with BVP because I'm more likely to pop over to Disney Springs than I am to pop into Epcot. And being half the price helps too. Even the limited shuttle doesn't bother me too much since it's at least running first thing in the mornings to get out to the parks. It's then pretty easy to get back to Disney Springs (or even SSR) from anywhere on property and walk over to BVP.

Edited at 10:16 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally I would pick Swan and Dolphin for the walkability to the parks and the boardwalk area if cost wasn't an issue.

Have you considered renting DVC points and staying at SSR - deluxe benefits and you can walk to disney springs?
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We are looking at both S&D and BVP. We are using BA vouchers and at the moment we would need to book 5 nights at each because of availability. I think for us that would be the best of both worlds. The only issue is moving hotels twice as we are planning on 4 nights at RPR first. 🤔 Dh loves DS so we have to spend some time there but the convenience of S&D is appealing plus it’s considered a deluxe so gets the use of extra evening hours. I’m mot sure if BVP gets that perk? Does anyone know?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
For next months trip we were booked at LBVP and then changed to the Dolphin for location, as it was only a few hundred pounds more at the time. I really like the look of both resorts but we're very familiar with the Crescent Lake area so that swung the balance.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 12:18 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We are looking at both S&D and BVP. We are using BA vouchers and at the moment we would need to book 5 nights at each because of availability. I think for us that would be the best of both worlds. The only issue is moving hotels twice as we are planning on 4 nights at RPR first. 🤔 Dh loves DS so we have to spend some time there but the convenience of S&D is appealing plus it’s considered a deluxe so gets the use of extra evening hours. I’m mot sure if BVP gets that perk? Does anyone know?

Kat
No, BVP isn't considered a deluxe level partner. But it does get the other onsite perks, e.g. early entry.
Old 17 Aug 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The partner hotels are still running a limited shuttle service, hopefully this will increase to its normal service soon. The current shuttle schedule is here: localhotelsite.buenavistapal...21-24x36-1.pdf (linked from this page for future updates: buenavistapalace/disney-advantage/ )
Thanks! Think I need to go to specsavers, I was on that page earlier and didn't see the timetable link!

Looking at the current timetable, looks like you'd be fine to get to any of the parks for Rope Drop, but not for early entry - although as that hasn't started yet I'm guessing the schedules could change once it does.

Coming back is a little more tricky though - previous trips I've tended to come back for a nap / freshen up in the afternoon, before going out again for dinner.

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
Personally I would pick Swan and Dolphin for the walkability to the parks and the boardwalk area if cost wasn't an issue.

Have you considered renting DVC points and staying at SSR - deluxe benefits and you can walk to disney springs?
I wouldn't go so far as to say cost isn't an issue, but should be able to stretch to the S&D if it's worthwhile.

Haven't looked at DVC Rental - so that's something else to consider - if I were it would probably be OKW, rather than SSR though. I'd be a little hesitant until things have properly stabilised re: travel though.

We are looking at both S&D and BVP. We are using BA vouchers and at the moment we would need to book 5 nights at each because of availability.
Oooohh I love this idea, it's probably not that much more that a straight week at the Swan either. Now if Mr. Chapek wanted to bring back 21 Day Ultimates and I could persuade work for an extra half week off...

I’m mot sure if BVP gets that perk? Does anyone know?
This is one of the things that could swing it to S&D - depending upon what happens with FastPass those extra evening hours could be really useful!
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I doubt that the transport will change soon at the palace, but if it did it's twice an hour from before parks open until an hour after they close. Way round the current times back from park would be to catch Disney bus to Saratoga or any Disney bus to hotel and another to springs. Not sure if currently active but after 4.30pm parks do a Disney bus to springs. From the Disney drop off to palace I would be in my room within 10 minutes ( as long as I did not get waylaid by a shop!).
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Do we get all the EMH perks of staying at dolphin ?
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lozzi View Post
Do we get all the EMH perks of staying at dolphin ?
Yes you do at Dolphin, both morning and evening. It's considered an "other deluxe" resort by Disney.

BVP is a partner hotel, so gets morning only.

Edited at 08:58 AM.