Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Oct 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Virgin Credit Card Reward Voucher - help!

I happened to look at my virgin flying club statement for the first time in ages the other day and in sept it says 'you have qualified for a credit card reward voucher' but I cannot find where to go to find out the details of the voucher or how I'd even go about using it. Does anyone know?. Not had one before so all new to me.

ETA - I've also just noticed the tier has changed from Red tier to Lifetime Gold Member. I'm confused, how has this happened. I do not have loads of points or take regular flights. I do spend a fair amount pm on the credit card though which is paid off in full each month so tip points over each month.

Edited at 09:31 PM.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My Husbands has changed to Lifetime Gold too. I cannot see anywhere if he has a seat.

I've just seen a credit card reward voucher but I'm not sure if that means a seat

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland

Edited at 09:42 PM.
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I think the Lifetime Gold is a glitch I'm afraid. It's happened to DW who is defo Silver but her account flicks between LTGold and Silver depending what page she's on.

The credit card reward vouchers entitle you to either a companion reward seat, an upgrade reward or lounge passes dependent on your status. There's a good explanation here

headforpoints/2021/0...uchers-work-2/
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I think the Lifetime Gold is a glitch I'm afraid. It's happened to DW who is defo Silver but her account flicks between LTGold and Silver depending what page she's on.

The credit card reward vouchers entitle you to either a companion reward seat, an upgrade reward or lounge passes dependent on your status. There's a good explanation here

headforpoints/2021/0...uchers-work-2/
I amend to Virgin and our first flight is next year (after having 3 cancelled). Red tier shows on our first page and I believe that entitles us to a free economy seat? We have booked and paid for UC and probably wouldn't fly in economy (that sounds bad, I don't mean it to) so what could we do with this voucher?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

You could buy an UC seat for cash or miles and then use the reward voucher to get a second UC seat for 50% miles plus taxes.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lcm23 View Post
I happened to look at my virgin flying club statement for the first time in ages the other day and in sept it says 'you have qualified for a credit card reward voucher' but I cannot find where to go to find out the details of the voucher or how I'd even go about using it. Does anyone know?. Not had one before so all new to me.

ETA - I've also just noticed the tier has changed from Red tier to Lifetime Gold Member. I'm confused, how has this happened. I do not have loads of points or take regular flights. I do spend a fair amount pm on the credit card though which is paid off in full each month so tip points over each month.
With reference to the voucher you have to ring flying club to use it and be prepared for it to take a while.

It can now be used again in any class of cabin which is useful, so have a look on virgins ‘spend my miles’ general page and that gives you a bit of info. You can click ‘spend miles’ on the general search too to check availability for the cabin you’re wanting in your dates, and find out what the approx taxes will be (you’ll still have to pay that for both of you - you and the companion). But booking can’t be done online w a voucher.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 21, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lcm23
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks all. The lifetime gold is definitely a glitch as hubby's and sister are both showing that too and we're all definitely red tier.
lcm23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List