Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
How stressful is it before the wedding?

My OH has just been booked onto a course with work. Guess where 🙈😒
Two weeks in Florida

We get married on May 15th 2022

And he goes April 23rd
Home May 8th

I’ve had a bad week this week wishing we hadn’t booked the wedding as I’m scared I’m just going to spend the day crying over my dad and Nan. I’m scared the wedding will look so bare without them.
My OH only has his Mum and they’re currently not speaking. So between us we have one parent coming.

I can’t imagine running a business, looking after James, and pre wedding stress and nerves all on my own 😭

How stressful is the pre wedding build up?

Also edited to add
My dads birthday is April 25th and mine is April 30th 😭

Edited at 08:56 PM.
louiseybobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Awww, Louise I really feel for you all
Weddings are stressful full stop
It doesn’t matter how many people you’ve got there & who won’t be there, it’s your DAY to enjoy 💕💕
Making memories to last a lifetime
It was just me & Hubbie to plan our Wedding as I was brought up my Gran, at least there were no rows then
Really hope OH & his Mum reconcile soon x
On the plus side He is going to have one hell of a tan in the photos

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

Edited at 09:15 PM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oh dear! I’m sure your wedding will be fabulous.

It depends how much of a control freak you are. I did all the wedding planning myself, and really just asked him to sort the suits and the rings, and there were funny stories with both 😂

He didn’t really care about the details though, and I was happy running with it.

I would say though that there wasn’t a lot to do 2 weeks out for me let alone him. He’s back a week before and that was busier. But really we did most things the 2 days before, running things around, collecting suits etc etc. I took the day before off, and the Monday after for running things back and to, but my husband is self employed and he worked the Friday and the Monday (we went away a bit later). We don’t have kids though, just dogs and horses/donkeys.

Only you know about your birthday and your Dads. If my husband had that sort of opportunity then I would try my best to let him. Even if that meant getting a friend or your Mum to support you etc.

Hope you are ok xx

Edited at 09:16 PM.
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
My OH has just been booked onto a course with work. Guess where 🙈😒
Two weeks in Florida

We get married on May 15th 2022

And he goes April 23rd
Home May 8th

I’ve had a bad week this week wishing we hadn’t booked the wedding as I’m scared I’m just going to spend the day crying over my dad and Nan. I’m scared the wedding will look so bare without them.
My OH only has his Mum and they’re currently not speaking. So between us we have one parent coming.

I can’t imagine running a business, looking after James, and pre wedding stress and nerves all on my own 😭

How stressful is the pre wedding build up?

Also edited to add
My dads birthday is April 25th and mine is April 30th 😭
in the run up to our wedding I didn't find it stressful at all, even managed a round of golf on the big day itself, however my wife had a proper stress about one of her bridesmaids (her niece on her side) proper stress causer she was…….

no words of advice but your aunty Linz says hi and you'll be fine, your mum will be by your side all the way
Stew_the_red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would imagine that by two weeks before your wedding you will have everything pretty much ready, from the other posts you have made about the wedding it seems as though you are super organised. Can you take some time away from your business in the week before your wedding (it might just give you some breathing room). We had a very chilled out wedding and I was just so happy to be marrying the love of my life.

I have to be honest, the only things that really matter on your wedding day is your DH to be and your Son. You will make some amazing memories and that is exactly what your family will want. 💝
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

We were stressed but it didn't help that at the time my husband and i both worked in the same department at work, and everyone from work took a chance to wind us both up. In regards to the actual sorting stuff out, as others have said, most of the stuff is done and its just waiting, the day before and picking up suits, checking into a hotel etc is the busy one and we had a busy one just after as we picked all the suits up and returned them before honeymoon (we stayed in the UK)
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s so unfair/bad timing- does he have to go? Got to say I wouldn’t want him to go so close to the wedding and also be away for your birthday and for your dads birthday when you’ll need some support.
If he does go then try and not hold it against him too much !

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

While he is away what about having a pampering day at a spa or something like that . Have a break from wedding day planning. It can be stressful but sometimes taking a little step back helps ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Oh no, does he have to go? Worst case scenario what happens if he tests positive over there? Not sure what the rules are at the moment
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I think it’s only as stressful as you allow it to be, if that makes sense? I’m a very laid back person and I try not to let myself get worked up, what will be will be. Everything should be booked and in place by then, so you should be fine.

I know what you mean about the wedding feeling “bare”. All of my grandparents have passed away and my dad walked out of my life and didn’t look back when I was 18 (his choice). It will just be my mum and my fiancé’s parents and grandparents. My half sisters on my dad’s side also don’t want to know, so they won’t be there either.

It is a worry, thinking about the “what ifs”. What if only a few people turn up etc etc, but as it’s out of my control, I’m not stressing over it. The day is about you and your fiancé, that’s all that matters.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List