Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Nov 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Direct Line home insurance - who to complain to?

Evening Dibbers,
Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction to find who to complain to at Direct Line? I’ve tried to complain to Customer Services but the person who dealt with it would not uphold it. He says there’s nobody else to challenge it with.
I will take it to the Financial Ombudsman but just wondered if there was a chief exec or something I could try first?
Thanks for any help x
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You need to follow the complaints process and then if still unhappy, send a complaint to the Ombudsman. It needs to be in this order for the ombudsman to consider it.

directline/complaints
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Hi

Have worked within financial service complaints for many years so am ripe to answer this one for you!

Moorlandman is correct. Going to FOS is the official next step.

However the current waiting times at the FOS along with the huge push now from firms to prevent FOS cases, would mean I would chance my arm and email the CEO.

I’d keep your email brief, polite and explaining why feel the complaint handler was incorrect and also explain that you are reaching out to them as a last resort before contacting FOS.
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
daffodil92
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
Hi

Have worked within financial service complaints for many years so am ripe to answer this one for you!

Moorlandman is correct. Going to FOS is the official next step.

However the current waiting times at the FOS along with the huge push now from firms to prevent FOS cases, would mean I would chance my arm and email the CEO.

I’d keep your email brief, polite and explaining why feel the complaint handler was incorrect and also explain that you are reaching out to them as a last resort before contacting FOS.
Thank you very much indeed for this.
I shall try to find her email address and get onto this at the weekend.
daffodil92 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List