Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 28 Jul 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

No Carbs before Marbs?! Day Five - Beach bums and dinner dramas

We got up fairly early today, 08:00, the boys didnt surface until gone 10am, we told them we were planning to head to the beach for a couple of hours, only George decided to join us, the other two decided they needed to chill a bit more at the house. We stopped on the way at Mamas Bakery, just up the road, and had a delicious breakfast of eggs benedict, and coffee.

After breakfast we went just a little further away to Bono Beach club, beach clubs are a bit of a thing in this area, they provide sun beds, music, toilets, bar service, and often a restaurant for your convenience, it seems having a Bali bed and moet chandon is the ‘in’ thing in Marbs dahling...

A very posh chap told us that all the regular 12 euro sunbeds were full, (and looked at us like we were idiots for not booking ahead) and that there was only a deluxe bali bed including a bottle of cava available for just 80 euros. We politely declined. We were about to leave when he let it slip that next door was another beach club, with plenty of ‘regular’ (peasant) sunbeds and we could try there. So we did, and it was fantastic - a sunbed and a bottle of water for 6 euros each - bargain! We had a wonderful view of the sea, and a young lad fetched us drinks, it was bliss. George and I indulged in a strawberry daiquiri each. I love listening to the sea, and there was a lovely breeze, I enjoyed seeing the ‘looky looky’ men walking along, it took me back to my childhood holidays in the south of france. We used to buy the necklaces made of seashells from them. There were also people offering massages. Here is the obligatory photo of my extremely white legs!

After a couple of hours, we went back to the house, with a pit stop for yet MORE bottled water. We have bought around 100000 litres so far.

We had a swim in the pool, and Terry and played a Basketball challenge, first to ten hoops, I wooped him! I had 9, he was still on 1, its so childish but it was fun! The inflatables have been worth the effort to bring but will leave them here. They boys watched Transformers movie to ‘chill’ (again) while we swam.

Tonight’s dinner was at Alberts, in Copobino Marina, when we arrived it was very windy, and our table was right on the front of the restaurant, when I asked the waitress if she thought we might be warmer inside, she said bluntly ‘you will be fine I will bring you vodka’ erm, no thanks! So we sat down as instructed and I was freezing all evening.

The food was quite nice, but the service was again incredibly slow, we are trying to chalk it up to being spanish culture, but it just kills the evening. I had Crispy Squid, then Chicken Teryaki. Dessert was awful though, sticky toffee pudding which was stone cold, dry and not remotely sticky or toffee, we had to leave it.

Then my boys started being grumpy again, and bickering, I honestly dont know what is wrong with these kids, Kieran then told them they were being disrespectful and ungrateful which then caused an argument between him and the boys and in the end I had to leave the table. Yes, we were ‘that’ family! I am so ashamed and disappointed.
So a good start and a terrible end to today. I dont know what else to write really.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 08:27 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Oh Louise, shame about the evening. Although it was a lovely day at the beach
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh what a shame about the evening, restaurant looks lovely but oh dear at being cold and the rubbish dessert. We have had one of “those” moments every trip with the boys. I used to take bets on how long before it happened. Hope the grumps are all over with.

Lovely morning. I was wondering what a Bali Bed was ?! Glad you found a (reasonably priced) spot. Looked gorgeous.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ooh I like the sound of the posh beds but not at €80 a pop! We love a game of ‘hoops’! Shame about the end of the day but I know exactly how that feels x
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Enjoying your report. Love how it’s warts and all ! My son is 21, daughter 14 and they bicker all the time. Every holiday I think it will be the last time he comes with us but if he assumes he’s coming I feel I can’t say no !
I’m sure every family with teens have the same bickering at some point in their holiday. At least you had a bit of peace on the sun bed.
Your sticky toffee pudding looks a lot nicer than it was in reality.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Shame the dessert taste didn’t live up to the way it looked!

Ah, families!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

What a nightmare though you are not alone! I’m sure almost all holidays with teens have at least one set to although many won’t admit it. On a positive the beach looks lovely and I could fair go that Chicken Teriyaki!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone I really wanted to pretend our day was perfect, but just couldnt, its reassuring to know its not just us that have these moments! Thanks x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Just caught up with this! Your villa looks just beautiful, so hard when your kids get older and clearly outgrow the ‘family holiday’ but a lot can change in 2 years... don’t give up on your ideas for 2021 yet just keep them on the backburner for a while. We are the same age and I am hoping to be planning something similar... my son is now 25 (last holidayed with us at 16 ☹️) and he and girlfriend are on board for a family trip in 2021, my daughter will be 18 that year too so am really hoping it all comes together!
Enjoy the rest of your trip... perhaps you and your hubby should go somewhere nice for a meal on your own 😃😃
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Aw Louise. Sorry it ended on a low after such a lovely day at the beach. But like everyone says we all have one of those days. It was like our day at winter park when Kevin was ruining everyone’s day. So sometimes it’s the husband and not the teenagers!

Back on track for you today lovely lady. Leave the boys in and you and hubby go out for dinner I think 😉 xx

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List