Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Aug 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Luigiboo1
Gone all Goofy

I have trying since 9am this morning to checkout, i keep getting a message saying 'something went wrong, please try again' have tried phone and ipad
Luigiboo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Hi all, I have a question about the Droid Depot - I got lucky and managed to book a spot last night, but looking at the comments about "builders and guests" I'm not sure I've done it right.
I'm travelling with my friend, and we agreed that it's pretty likely one of us will want to get a droid, but we're going to wait and decide who later (all depends on the finances!). I thought when I was booking that it would only let one of us build and the other be the guest, but now I'm not sure? If we are both listed as participants on the booking, is the expectation that we will both be buying droids? If that's the case I might need to try and rebook!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katie786 View Post
Hi all, I have a question about the Droid Depot - I got lucky and managed to book a spot last night, but looking at the comments about "builders and guests" I'm not sure I've done it right.
I'm travelling with my friend, and we agreed that it's pretty likely one of us will want to get a droid, but we're going to wait and decide who later (all depends on the finances!). I thought when I was booking that it would only let one of us build and the other be the guest, but now I'm not sure? If we are both listed as participants on the booking, is the expectation that we will both be buying droids? If that's the case I might need to try and rebook!
It does state (quite clearly I thought, but maybe not) at the start of the booking process that you should only book for people who want to build.

Each builder can be accompanied by one guest. Thus a booking for one allows two people entry and one droid. A booking for two people allows four people entry and two droids. So if you've booked for 2, that will be to build two droids (at a minimum of $99 plus tax - bear in mind too that $99 is the headline price, once you accessorise your droid, it could come to two or three times that much!)
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
A sincere THANK YOU to dav220588 for the Heads Up, I reckon from ALL of us
You're very welcome! Right place, right time on Twitter when a few of the fan accounts posted it. Glad people got what they wanted, I grabbed a couple reservations for Oga's in November when I'm there.

Just in terms of a few questions people have posted -

- In Disneyland they were enforcing everyone needing to buy a drink in the Cantina, at least last time I read. Obviously this may not be the case at WDW but just be prepared. They do have non alcoholic drinks at around $7 or so.

- As far as I'm aware having these reservations will mean you get access to the land, at least from around your reservation time.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
katie786
Earning More Ears

Thank you for clarifying! I had seen that the bookings were available so just jumped on in and booked without really thinking it all through 😂oh disney brain. Okie dokie, might see if I can change that!
katie786 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
In Disneyland they were enforcing everyone needing to buy a drink in the Cantina, at least last time I read. Obviously this may not be the case at WDW but just be prepared.
It took us 20 minutes just to get served at the bar. As all the drinks are unique it complicates the bar persons job of preparing the drinks. Therefore it takes quite a while to serve a group with the different drinks.

We could have just walked out without buying anything due to the mayhem of the place. Once checked in you will not be charged there no show fee even if you don't purchase. Because they have no way of linking the reservation to the bill.

So don't worry about being charged the $10 if you don't purchase a drink. As long as you have checked in at the correct time that is all that is needed.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
So don't worry about being charged the $10 if you don't purchase a drink. As long as you have checked in at the correct time that is all that is needed.
However, have a heart for those actually wanting to purchase the drinks who won’t be able to access the Cantina?!
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by pretty_lucky View Post
However, have a heart for those actually wanting to purchase the drinks who won’t be able to access the Cantina?!
I certainly am purchasing if I can. But not if it takes 30 minutes to get served in the first place. Hopefully they will be better prepared than they were in the first week of opening in California.

It was like a bar in town where the loudest shouters get served and other ones that have been waiting longer get overlooked. After 20 minutes of trying to get served at the bar I resorted to being loud.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
I certainly am purchasing if I can.
This wasn’t actually directed at you, that’s why I only quoted the bit about people worrying about being charged. No offence intended, sorry!
Old 8 Aug 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Just seen this on my Oga’s Cantina Reservation :
“All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin”

Really ? Have to take our passports
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List