Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Aug 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Once we’ve told the children (probably next month) I’m going to get everyone to choose two must-do rides and two must-do restaurants, then make a plan to include these. I’ll try to have a back-up plan to make sure these still get done in case of weather / ride breakdowns, but then everything else will be a bonus.

I’ve got a list of rides and attractions, so that we can figure out which ones we’d like to do (but with the attitude that it doesn’t matter if we don’t do everything) and which we definitely want to avoid / aren’t bothered about. The same goes for restaurants. We’ll then have a plan for FPs and ADRs, but beyond that, we’ll try to just take everything as it comes and not worry if plans change, so long as we can all hopefully get to our must-dos.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Never plan never will the only thing we do is just book one or two ADRS but that it we get up decided which park which ride to head two if we on site then we be there early if off then we be there for just before opening then away we go.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Never plan never will the only thing we do is just book one or two ADRS but that it we get up decided which park which ride to head two if we on site then we be there early if off then we be there for just before opening then away we go.

My exact same philosophy

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have a list of places I want to go and tickets if required, we then decide the day before or the same day depending on how we feel and weather. The only real plan I have is to get to the airport on time for flights.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We've done some basic planning so far. Itinerary of which parks we would like to go and when.

We've also booked a character meal for our daughter (CRT) and a lunch in Galaxy's Edge with a slot in Savis workshop. Will prob look to book a few fast passes if we can but it might be difficult as we are off site but I'm quite relaxed about FPs given its mid Oct (GE apart).

All that's left is making a list of where we would like to eat which will be mainly off site which I could do with some advice on with it being a while since we last went (separate post to follow )
Old 13 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

I love planning for much of the reasons already stated here and having an idea of what we are doing each day gives me comfort but I am very structured and organised person by nature so this extends to all areas of my life really. I take the same approach of researching, consolidating, deciding and confirming no matter where we are going. I think it’s wise to do a certain amount of planning before going or doing anything that takes you out of your normal routine and would see that as common sense, however the level of detail you plan to is entirely up to you.

The great thing about holidays to Florida is that there is so much information out there to help you plan, just being on the Dibb is planning! Perhaps this can be overwhelming to some people?
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Our alarm would go off at 7:15 and we still wouldn’t leave till 10:15am, we are dreadful in the mornings x.
We’re the same, utterly crap in the mornings and haven’t made an extra magic hours in the morning yet 😂

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We woke at 3am the first day and 5am every other day. Often popped back to our resort for a siesta though!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
NatashaAudrey
Earning More Ears

I think this a really tricky question. Personally I think you need a rough plan so you can take advantage of the ADR/FP+ system but I do also think you need to bare in mind that this might need to change.

We are going for the first time in September (we booked before they announced when GE would be opening) and I have made a plan for two parks each day with most of my table service ADRS booked and 3 FP booked for each day. Just because we feel the holiday is an expensive one and you want to see as much as you possibly can.

However that being said I'm fully prepared to cancel or change plans if we just want to stay by the pool or even go to a different park. You can't plan for weather, crowds, how an individual in your party is going to feel (so in that sense you just need to go with the flow)

I am interested to see how much of our original plan we change.
Old 14 Aug 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I just use knowledge but tbf we don't do ADR's and only book the minimum of 3 FP+ a day and don't bother with character meets. We will try and do a few fireworks shows next year maybe as likely to be last trip for a while, so might plan where to stand for a semi-decent view. That's about it.

I really dislike having to select a park 30 days out. We used to love choosing a park on the day, now I have to work out where I want to be a month out. However, that's just how it is now and I accept that as a cost of going. Besides, we get to be more flexible with the Universal studios part of the trip.

Speaking of, I love the Universal portion due to the sheer freedom you get. Pick a park on the day. Don't need to book anything more than a few days out, and even then rarely. No need to watch a screen for FP's. No need to watch the time at all really - now that's a bubble! It's honestly bliss.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List