Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I always find it difficult to judge though. Last year we had no pool time so there were parts of the body that didn’t need sun cream! I wear cropped trousers so only a bit at the bottom of my legs needs done. I also use a different cream on my face. I’m sure 550mls between 2 will be fine.
Yes I think so. I also don't put sun cream on my face, I buy a moisturiser with a high SPF.

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
The spray cans don’t last anywhere near as long as the normal lotion, which will be why we get through so much. We’re also by the pool most of the day so apply a full body coverage for each of us most mornings - using lotion on shoulders, face, neck, and then a spray everywhere else. One or two top ups throughout the day. It’s easily done!
I was thinking it must be the spray cans, we use nivea cream (but a very runny cream so spreads easily) in the pump dispenser style bottle.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

Despite having been several times I don’t seem to have any idea how much sun cream we go through! For this year I’ve bought a 400ml Ultrasun thinking that would do 2 of us for two weeks but then realised that was just 200ml each so bought a 150ml too. We’ll mainly do the parks with a bit of pool time so I feel like that should be enough?
the 400ml goes a long way, you should be good

we're taking a 400ml of sports 30+ and we have 50 for the kids (and most likely me. i also have face cream for this year. (got a really good bargain from QVC)
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
the 400ml goes a long way, you should be good

we're taking a 400ml of sports 30+ and we have 50 for the kids (and most likely me. i also have face cream for this year. (got a really good bargain from QVC)
One of the reasons I’m switching to Ultrasun is that it’s lighter than other creams and I’ve noticed a little goes a long way so I think you’re probably right.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

One of the reasons I’m switching to Ultrasun is that it’s lighter than other creams and I’ve noticed a little goes a long way so I think you’re probably right.
not only is it lighter it doesn't have that greasy after feel once it's on.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

I used some lovely face cream this year, felt so much nicer. It came in the M&S beauty box offer. I think I had a Nivea one too
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Ultimately you know your skin and your family. None of us burn and tan really easily so we tend to wear factor 15 and make sure our shoulders are covered for park days.
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by princess-momo View Post
not only is it lighter it doesn't have that greasy after feel once it's on.
I know! I hate that feeling at the end of the day when you just want to wash off the sun cream! I’d rather pay the extra for something like Ultrasun.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

We always buy there as we prefer the clear no-rub spray. The Walmart equate one works well for us and it’s only $7 for two cans. Between 5 of us we used 5 cans on a 3 week stay.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

I buy it there, we like banana boat dry oil but last year got ski and ski dry oil in wall mart which was amazing and very cheap too.
We brought lots back ready for this years holiday .
Mrs sun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I take the Avon Sensitive so I don't suffer with heat rash. Two F50 for hubby and two F30 for me plus their sensitive aftersun lotion.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List