Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 19, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
OK Donna - we need to start adding the likes of Porto Rico, USVI etc. to the list now.

We can start with the USVI from two trips to St Thomas.

Mick
Nope, we are not adding any more. My sheets are printed and laminated. That’s it. Even without DC 😁
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Of the 51 states plus DC I am only missing Wyoming. Funny how no one else mentioned that one. There are only 500k people in the whole state so I am quite surprised everyone else seems to have seen it.
When we picked up our car in Miami a couple of months back it actually had a Wyoming number plate! What a journey that car had been on. Great car it was too.

We loved playing the number plate game (thanks for the idea on the Dibb), it kept the children entertained on long journeys. I'll look into an App for next time

Edited at 11:08 AM.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Good work! Although you do have a huge advantage over the rest of us
True, except my co pilot daughter can barely see far enough to help!
Old 9 Jul 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
OK Donna - we need to start adding the likes of Porto Rico, USVI etc. to the list now.

We can start with the USVI from two trips to St Thomas.

Mick
The app I use does include them as bonuses. I have both. Puerto Rico was in Orlando and I was in St Thomas on a cruise in March too. Would you believe "taxi" is proving impossible because Florida doesn't issue seperate plates for them?
Old 9 Jul 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I'm contemplating printing a couple of sheets off for the kids to do this this year (or maybe putting apps on the ipads)... I recon it's going to cause WW3 in the back of the car though as my DD (7, will be 8 shortly) is a right cheat - we always play the "mini punch" game and she always mysteriously sees one up a side street or on someones drive when no one else is looking and then DS (12) goes mad and a mass argument breaks out and then tears and then I shout Yeah we should probably stop playing that one too and not throw the State plates in to the mix, I bet DD will get them all before leaving the airport
Aaahh "Mini Punch" That takes me back! We'd be black and blue now, as my eldest daughter has a Mini as do 2 of our neighbours...
As you say, it was chaos with my three girls back in the days of the school run.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
The app I use does include them as bonuses. I have both. Puerto Rico was in Orlando and I was in St Thomas on a cruise in March too. Would you believe "taxi" is proving impossible because Florida doesn't issue seperate plates for them?
We did a boat trip to St John on one of our St Thomas visits and we both agreed that it was the prettiest of all the Caribbean islands that we've been to.

When I get bored with "Say yes to the dress" we often watch "Caribbean Life" on one of the fringe TV channels. Lots seem to buy on St Croix.

We have a photo of me leaving a shop on St John having bought some Cokes checking my change as I was sure that I'd get a USVI quarter - but all in vain.

Mick
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Such a fun game - we have been here just over 2 weeks now and have seen 39 plates. Using the app on the phone - see screenshot below.
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
Such a fun game - we have been here just over 2 weeks now and have seen 39 plates. Using the app on the phone - see screenshot below.
The Dakotas proved elusive to us too
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

We found Ontario and Mexico!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Alison View Post
We found Ontario and Mexico!
We saw plenty of Canadian plates too, but they weren’t on the list . Will confess to looking for several of them before realise they wouldn’t be on there