Notices

Old 20 Aug 19, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Pooles... Head Back To Orlando 2019 Day 7

I woke up a bit earlier today 6.10 but i did manage to go back to sleep until 6.50 when we all bounced out of bed. We stepped in to our usual morning route now. Tea and coffee and then Mick was out the door on a walk while I made the breakfast. I know I have done no walking but I am sort of over it now. Lol

It was fruit and yoghurt this morning. Pineapple, mango, kiwi, grapes and orange with plain Greek yoghurt. It was really nice. Grace was back on the French toast which had been replenished now.

So, breakfast done and dusted it was back to the Perkins conversation. Grace and Mick were on it today getting everything ready for the return journey including money! They left feeling much more relaxed than they did yesterday at about 9.15. I finished clearing up the kitchen and folding washing then I was out on my pool cleaning duties. These must have been executed perfectly as I have had no complaints 😁

It was then me, my sunbed and my book for a most peaceful half an hour before I heard the car door slam on the drive and peace was shattered ha ha

Well what a couple of happy bunnies walked through the gate! It was most definitely mission accomplished today. A strawberry shake and a piece of apple pie for Grace. The chocolate pie for Mick and a cinnamon bun for me double yum yum 😍

We put all this in the fridge, it was 10.30 and we hit the pool. The weather had certainly improved since Sunday and we enjoyed much sun (and heat) until we called it a day at 2.30. We had a light lunch at 12.30 to keep us going until later.

We had showers I put the pool towels in the wash and we were off out the door at 3.20. We were back in the door 10 minutes later because we forgot the purse with the cash in!

We were off up to the Florida Mall this afternoon and we would go on to wherever from there and see where we ended up.

W ehad a small shower on the I4 on the way up but it was certainly nothing to shout about.. The car said it was 97 by the way, another scorcher!
We arrived at the mall at 4.10pm and parked up outside Macy's, we needed to change a printed voucher we had purchased a couple of weeks ago. A $20 voucher for $10 through travel zoo... Thanks to the Dibber who posted

We did have a little mooch around the bottom floor of Macy's, I even tried on a pair of shoes quickly but I wasn't feeling the love so we went out to redeem our vouchers and very soon we were armed with $40 that we had only paid $20 for. We went in to the M and M World store and got a lb of then for just about $14? It was fun though and we had enough M and M's to see us through the week! He smelled really nice in this shop, you could even small the cocoa from outside it.

We went round to Abercrombie and even had a look in the kids once but I hate to say it but I think the quality just gets worse and the prices go up so we didn't get anything.

We had a look through the door of Bath and body works but moved round to Hollister. Now I had fun in here, I get jeans every year (that I don't really need) because they are so cheap. They were all half price at $25 each. I picked up a high waisted skinny pair in khaki.. Which are really a brown sort of colour not green and they had a really nice pair in white but they were ripped and I feel they are a little too casual (and I have 2 other normal coloured ones that are ripped) so I was just going to get one pair but then I saw the jeggings jeans and I thought why not? So I got those in white instead. I paid with the 2 gift cards too so I was very happy.

We decided to get out of this mall, we are starting to get hungry and didn't want to crash out miles from home. I got on some WiFi and found the steak and shake and punched it in to the phone. We were going to do this yesterday and Grace was still going on about it so it had to be now. It took just over half an hour to get there the one near the crossroads I think it was. The traffic was busy around the airport turning but OK once we were away from there. We had spent nearly 2 hours somehow in that mall and made it to the restaurant at about 6.40. We were seated and I ordered a double bacon and cheese burger swapping the fries for coleslaw. Mick ordered the triple burger with cheese and fries and Grace had the mac and cheese and an oreo milkshake. It took a little while to come out but it all tasted delicious except I didn't get my coleslaw. The bill was $22 we left $25 as the service was slow and I was missing something..
We jumped back in the car and went down the I4 to the champions gate turning and home that way. We were back indoors at 7.50.

grace is now watching Wall:E and I am typing my report and Mick is surfing whilst having some red wine... He has just eaten his Perkins Pie and I forgot the photo apologies, he said it was really nice though

Tomorrow we are thinking of going to IHOP for breakfast but anything can change between now and then.
Thanks for staying with me and we will see you tomorrow Bye

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 20 Aug 19 1:22 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Glad Mick got his pie in the end! Do you think he could go back tomorrow please as I’d really to see a picture of it

Good job you remembered your money in time, would’ve been a trek back from the mall for it!

Some good bargains in Hollister!

Hope you’re not a rush in Ihop if you do end up there. Service was soooooo sloooooow when we went a couple of weeks ago (Berry Town Centre). Thankfully we weren’t in much of a rush, but I really don’t like sitting amongst leftovers when I’m so full I could burst! DS is the same and would often try his luck and see if he could wait in the car!

Have a great day whatever you end up doing
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Glad Mick got his pie in the end! Do you think he could go back tomorrow please as I’d really to see a picture of it

Good job you remembered your money in time, would’ve been a trek back from the mall for it!

Some good bargains in Hollister!

Hope you’re not a rush in Ihop if you do end up there. Service was soooooo sloooooow when we went a couple of weeks ago (Berry Town Centre). Thankfully we weren’t in much of a rush, but I really don’t like sitting amongst leftovers when I’m so full I could burst! DS is the same and would often try his luck and see if he could wait in the car!

Have a great day whatever you end up doing
Ha ha no more pie... We surrender! Apologies I forgot the photo

IHOP was good but it was empty, we haven't been to one for years as my FIL doesn't like them, but all in all it was a good experience today

Thanks for all your comments it is much appreciated
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good day

Joan
Thanks Joan, we are having a great time