Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Aug 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Best time slot for character breakfast?

Hi! I'm considering Tusker House Restaurant at AK for a character breakfast. My original thought was to book the latest possible time - getting a few of the busiest rides in first - but would the earliest time slot give any other benefits, like being in the park before opening? I like to be able to maximise my time at rope drop so am unsure of the best theory when it comes to a character breakfast! Thanks.
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post

If you did pre park opening character breakfast, I think you would be disadvantaged in respect to Pandora area as they start to let everyone else through before opening times. It would give you a head start on Kilimanjaro Safaris, but not sure if it is worth rushing a character breakfast for that.

I would do a BOG or Garden Grill pre park opening breakfast to skip queues to 7DMT / Soarin' but I think I would do a late morning breakfast in AK.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
If you did pre park opening character breakfast, I think you would be disadvantaged in respect to Pandora area as they start to let everyone else through before opening times. It would give you a head start on Kilimanjaro Safaris, but not sure if it is worth rushing a character breakfast for that.

I would do a BOG or Garden Grill pre park opening breakfast to skip queues to 7DMT / Soarin' but I think I would do a late morning breakfast in AK.
As above, with MK we did a BOG breakfast before park opening to take advantage of early access to 7DMT & the mountains. AKL needs a different attack, we rope dropped there to do FOP, Naavi & Everest & had Tusker then booked for 10am
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Thank you, both, for your replies. Pandora was the land I thought I would lose the benefit of by going with an earlier option. The later the better (assuming I can get an ADR!).
Old 21 Aug 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

I prefer a late breakfast at Tusker House, not just for morning touring reasons, but also because it becomes a brunch booking.

Our last visit was a 10:45 breakfast. On arrival both sides of the buffet were still fully stocked with breakfast items. Not long after that one side switched to the lunch menu so you could choose freely from either

Definitely arrive hungry!
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
angel_eyes
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
Our last visit was a 10:45 breakfast.
That's handy to know. I saw that breakfast finishes at 10:55 with lunch beginning at 11:00 and I wondered how late they would push the breakfast bookings. 10:45 would be perfect for brunch!