Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cambs
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Can you over plan?

Were off to Disney for 2 weeks at the beginning of Sept. I have been planning for about 2 years now 😁. This includes which days at which parks, ADR's, FP's, shows, parades and fireworks. Do people goto any more detail, which character meet & greets, which other non FP rides? I think I could plan every hour but dont want to pack too much in to a schedule.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cambs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cambs View Post
Were off to Disney for 2 weeks at the beginning of Sept. I have been planning for about 2 years now 😁. This includes which days at which parks, ADR's, FP's, shows, parades and fireworks. Do people goto any more detail, which character meet & greets, which other non FP rides? I think I could plan every hour but dont want to pack too much in to a schedule.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Not really, though we planned character meets via fps for the day my daughter did BBB and we only tend to ride a ride via a fp unless it's less than 15 mins
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I think some people on forums can because of the fear of missing out which is endemic on forums. But people who don't go on forums but who just jog along booking their fast passes, ADRs etc and don't stress over it won't because they won't have the fear of missing out.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

NEVER! We plan a lot, we love using the The Dibb’s vacation planner. It all depends what your priorities are that normally dictate a plan. For us we start with what shows, what fast passes and what ADR’s we can get in the lead up. With that we start planning.

However remember to be flexible! You never know what FP’s May appear that you really want. Like today we had to change two days worth of planning because we got FOP FP which we were very happy with.

Planning just keeps you organised and makes sure you get to see and do what you want.

Have a great time
Disneyland Paris - Nov 2018
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I Plan but in the basis it’s a plan that can be changed if we need a late start want to do something different etc , but nice to have a basic plan as long as it’s not regimented and inflexible 😀

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MissRed
Excited about Disney

I would say you can over plan. Although I love FP+, in some respects I miss when you could just wake up in the morning and choose the park you fancy going to!
YC '08
AKL '18
MissRed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mghayward
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely, just do a basic plan that you can change as you go along. I hate been to restricted.
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I think you have to plan to some degree now, it’s so busy and with the FP+ and ADRs it’s hard not too!
Don’t get me wrong I love to plan but think you can probably over do it!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I do think people over plan. I would be interested to know if a large proportion of the plans I read about on the Dibb actually happen though. I know I found that I made many plans that were changed once we were on holiday. I know friends who went with no plans at all and the holiday wasn’t great. So you do need a happy medium, plan but be prepared to make changes
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We sort of plan, stay off site so don't feel as much pressure to get those fast pass and finding reservations in. We are very chilled and also very flexible. Some things are set in stone, we are doing MNSSHP so have booked a dining reservation for 3ish. We look for fastvpasses at the 30 day mark but if they don't have any we are interested in then it's not an issue, if they do then we go to that park. We often book them while in the park. I realise this is very easy to say as we go every year and can be more flexible with our time but I have never rigidly booked anything in all the times we have been, this has worked for us but may not work for others
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List