Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Aug 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile Highs and lows of our 5th trip to Florida Seaworld and dinner at Rock and Brews

The last couple of days have been pretty wet here. We went to SeaWorld on Wednesday but rain closed everything down around an hour after we arrived.
We were meant to be going to Busch Gardens on the Thursday but storms were forecast for most of the day. We didn't want to drive to Tampa to find all of the rides closed so we decided to go to SeaWorld again and try to get some rides done.
For breakfast we went to Cracker Barrel. Despite coming to Florida often, we haven't tried this one.
It was a lovely building with a gift shop attached where you could buy all sorts. Here is Lily in the Christmas area!

The breakfast was ok, it is very old traditional menu with biscuits, white gravy and grits. I'm glad I went but probably won't go back.
We then headed to SeaWorld as we have Discovery Cove tickets parking at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch are free which is nice as it would be $25 a day.

We got into the park and it was pretty quiet.

By 12pm we had ridden Mako, Kracken, journey to Atlantis and the new infinity fall which is a raft ride. Now if you are not keen on getting wet don't ride this one. There is no such thing as a lucky seat. You will get wet!
Luckily Mark had chosen to sit this one out. He didn't look great after riding Mako. It only has a lap bar to hold you in and its pretty scary! A combination of riding a couple of coasters and the heat seemed to be taking effect.😨 I was also in a bit of trouble with my sugar levels, for no reason that I can explain my sugar levels were really high yesterday and despite me increasing my insulin, they were just creeping higher and higher.
Before we came to the park today I changed my cannula and tubing and used a new tube. I also changed the insulin cartridge.
I then set my pump to give me an extra 20% of my usual dose.
It had been high for a while this morning but was now coming down, which was good. Unfortunately it kept coming down. Blood sugar bingo is not going well today.
I was around 3.8 by now which is too low. I felt ok and didn't want to eat or drink anything sweet so I uncooked my pump and let my sugars rise on their own.
We the went to watch the Sea Lion show which was funny and Mark seemed a little brighter.
James and Lily wanted to jump on the roller coasters again but Mark and I didn't so for the first time we let them go off on their own for an hour. It wasn't too busy and it felt safe, so with instructions to stay together and to meet us at the Dolphin show at 2pm we went our separate ways. The kids went to the rides, Mark andi went to claim our free beer. SeaWorld are giving one free beer a day to each adult. Now yes they are doing this but the bar that is giving the free beer is right at the back of the park hidden away. We had tried to get there yesterday but that particular bar was closed due to in inclimate weather. So as long as the sun is shining and you are happy to go for a track, you can get your free beer.

We then walked back to the Dolphin show to meet James and Lily, The skys were getting dark and the wind was getting up. Whilst we waited, the heavens opened, Mark an I took cover, James and Lily however did not!

We made a dash for it to the Dolphin pool and despite the rain the show started. But about half way through they had to stop because of lightning in the area.
The forecast was saying that the weather was going to persist for a couple of hours and as over the two days we had covered all of the rides and shows we wanted, we were going to call it a day.
Our next stop was Walmart, we have never been and I have always wanted to have a look. This place is massive! You can buy your groceries but you can also get a tyre for your car, maybe a gun or a fishing rod!
Mark picked up some hooks as we will be moving onto Marco Island in a couple of days. James and Lily got some Pringles and Hersheys chocolate and i got a bottle of wine 😁

We went home, James and Lily jumped in the pool, it was nice to sit with my glass of wine whilst they played.
We then got showered and dressed before getting an Uber to a new restaurant which has opened since our last visit called Rock and Brews

James loves a bit of rock and wore his Bon Jovi T Shirt which he got from Wembly in June.
This was a fun restaurant with a lovely outside bar with sofas, music and games to play whilst you wait for your table.
Despite it being busy we were quickly seated. Mark, James and Lily had burgers and I had Pork, smashed potatoes and veg. First time I've seen a carrot in over a week!

After we had eaten we went back to playing table football and a beanbag throwing game called Corn Hole.
We then got an Uber home where we put Shark Tank on the TV and promptly fell asleep!
It has been a busy but lovely day!
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

That was a lovely wee read on a wet n cold afternoon 😃. Thank you x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Would you say rock and brews is worth a visit ? X
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisatink
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Would you say rock and brews is worth a visit ? X
We really enjoyed it. Lots of screens playing music. Food was tasty and cocktails were good, around $10 dollars each.
I do sometimes feel like American restaurants want you in and then out but as they had a good outdoor bar it was more relaxed and we played a couple of games.
I would go again.
Lisatink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Thanks for that.Its right by orange lake resort and just want d an honest review xx
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List