Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
BA world traveler plus information

We are travelling from LGW to MCO in December and, for the first time, will be using BA World traveller plus.
I’ve tried to find out what is on board but keep getting conflicting reports as it seems the Orlando route doesn’t always have the same fleet as other routes , so am hoping someone here may be able to help.
Firstly, do the seats have ac plugs? A couple of you tube videos have shown this but I didn’t know if this is the norm (was hoping to bring the laptop and try and do some uni work while we are flying).
Also, dh wants to know what the headphones are like - last year on economy to Tampa we had basic over the ear ones, you tube shows they are the bigger ones in PE, but again this wasn’t on the Orlando route so I’m not sure if this is the case.
Lastly (and perhaps most importantly) is the breakfast that is served now a cooked breakfast?

Basically, if anyone has recently flown LGW to MCO (and or back again) in world traveller plus then I’d love a mini trip report about your experience. I believe we will have one of the newly refurbished planes, if that’s any help!

Thanks in advance.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mdkdue
Trying for More Ears

We are flying WTP from LGW in Sept and have been wondering if we would get the new/refurbished WTP experience.

I found this link britishairways/en-gb...r-plus-seatmap

Check the 777-200 (Gatwick) - if your seat option is from rows 10-16 then you have the new WTP. They have added many more seats in the new configuration. I think the old only has 3 or 4 rows.

Fortunately we have the new experience...you will probably be the same.

I cant tell you anymore about it yet unfortunately
mdkdue is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

This is what BA show on their website (777-200), but they don't always work so I wouldn't rely on them. I had no sound on my IFE in club in December and the cabin crew made weren't frankly interested.

My son and his girlfriend are bringing uni books on the flights next week for revision as it was so much hassle bringing hs laptop the last time he can't be bothered with it.

Edited at 01:29 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We returned WT + in May to Gatwick , they offered cheap half price upgrades at check in in Orlando.
No the breakfast isn’t cooked it’s still awful.
The dinner etc was same or similar to economy . Never noticed it being better or worse.

We really enjoyed the extra legroom and foot rests , resulting that both of slept for the first time on an Orlando flight.
We used our own headphones as always,
Old 19 Aug 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
We returned WT + in May to Gatwick , they offered cheap half price upgrades at check in in Orlando.
No the breakfast isn’t cooked it’s still awful.
The dinner etc was same or similar to economy . Never noticed it being better or worse.

We really enjoyed the extra legroom and foot rests , resulting that both of slept for the first time on an Orlando flight.
We used our own headphones as always,
We have done BA WTP quite a few times and I agree with you regards the food. Even in club we bring our own sandwiches and snacks because the food isn't always great (especially the breakfast in all classes).

WTP is an improvement on economy that is worth about £100 more each person each way IMO, but what I most dislike in WTP is that you are the furthest distance to a toilet from anyone on the plane, and you have to use the economy toilets, which was a particular nightmare when the middle toilets were out of order having to trek to the back of the plane behind a long queue (we drink lots of water on planes so we go more frequently than the average person).

Always amazes me me when people get excited with plane food.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

We flew from Heathrow to Miami in July wtp and I have to say the food was pretty good! I had a beef dish which was very tender, and then instead of the usual awful sandwiches, the later snack was actually a really nice pizza. I received the pizza with low expectations but I really enjoyed it! The headphones were of a decent quality. I cannot for the life of me remember if there were plug points I’m afraid.
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
thelegalbeagle
Proud to wear my Ears

Flew LGW MCO there and back in WT+ in July.

Very comfortable and plenty of room. I even managed a good sleep on the return leg. The food on the way out was really good, and I don't usually eat plane food. We could order it on the BA website, so we knew what we were getting. I had a chicken curry (v nice) and a mango and passion fruit delice (vv nice). WT+ gets Club World food, but just not as many options. The snack prior to arrival was the same as mickey house's: pizza, which was remarkably good.

Flying back, you can't order in advance, and it didn't take my fancy.

The refurb IFE is very good. The screen is much bigger, and chock full of film options. And yes, there were power outlets (although it took me ages to find them - they're down the arm section of the chair towards the floor.

Unlike mickey house above, we found that we didn't have to use the economy toilets. We had one to the left side of the crew area between WT+ and Club World.
thelegalbeagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
b2sbailey
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

We're currently in wtp on our way to FLL. The headphones are OK but you can plug your own (3.5mm) into the socket and they work fine.
The meal (beef and chicken dishes) we had were lovely.
There are 2x 3pin sockets and 2x USB sockets in the middle (low down by the floor) arm rest.
b2sbailey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thelegalbeagle View Post
Flew LGW MCO there and back in WT+ in July.

Very comfortable and plenty of room. I even managed a good sleep on the return leg. The food on the way out was really good, and I don't usually eat plane food. We could order it on the BA website, so we knew what we were getting. I had a chicken curry (v nice) and a mango and passion fruit delice (vv nice). WT+ gets Club World food, but just not as many options. The snack prior to arrival was the same as mickey house's: pizza, which was remarkably good.

Flying back, you can't order in advance, and it didn't take my fancy.

The refurb IFE is very good. The screen is much bigger, and chock full of film options. And yes, there were power outlets (although it took me ages to find them - they're down the arm section of the chair towards the floor.

Unlike mickey house above, we found that we didn't have to use the economy toilets. We had one to the left side of the crew area between WT+ and Club World.
Interesting about the toilet in WTP because there was always a curtain in WTP at the front to seperate the cabin between WTP and club, but maybe that has changed since the planes have had a refurb (I haven't done WTP for a few years).
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Interesting about the toilet in WTP because there was always a curtain in WTP at the front to seperate the cabin between WTP and club, but maybe that has changed since the planes have had a refurb (I haven't done WTP for a few years).
The refurbished LGW 777s have a toilet at the front of the WTP cabin. The (now smaller) CW cabin is entirely between doors 1 and 2, and has 2 toilets at the front of the aircraft.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List