Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Virgin Atlantic - OLCI?

Hi there

We fly with Virgin for the first time next week, eek!

We've already got our seats booked, therefore just wondering if we need to do Online Check In? We're flying from Glasgow, is there any benefit in doing this?

Also, how far in advance can you do OLCI with Virgin?

Thanks.
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

OLCI opens up exactly 24 hours before your takeoff time. Having done it and got your boarding passes, either physical or electronic, it means you can just do bag drop rather than queue up and check in at the airport.
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
OLCI opens up exactly 24 hours before your takeoff time. Having done it and got your boarding passes, either physical or electronic, it means you can just do bag drop rather than queue up and check in at the airport.
Ah that's perfect, thank you.
Old 19 Aug 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve done on-line checkin twice at Manchester and both times I’ve still had to get in normal line and go to the check in desk. I admit when I get there I seem to get through quicker than others who I think may have not checked in on line. Not sure if I’m missing anything if but I wouldn’t be too worried if I didn’t check in online as it maybe saves me 3-5 mins.
If someone knows I’ve missed a trick please let me know as we fly virgin again and due to the ease of app it’s easy to do online check in.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
Hi there

We fly with Virgin for the first time next week, eek!

We've already got our seats booked, therefore just wondering if we need to do Online Check In? We're flying from Glasgow, is there any benefit in doing this?

Also, how far in advance can you do OLCI with Virgin?

Thanks.
Hiya Ycryan - VA began OLCI 24 hours pre-flight in 2015, we'd booked/OLCI in August for Nov flights, all was lost when VA updated their site. You can sign into your FC account, click on your name, go to Profile and complete, daft thing is, whilst you complete all, at OLCI it's only stored your US addy, so I agree with mymemories, OLCI at pre-24 hours, either print off boarding cards or collect at the desk when you drop your luggage. I haven't printed boarding cards for many years, not since the lass tore mine up and printed their own, that'll do for me, let VA use their ink and paper

Originally Posted by martyn7836 View Post
I’ve done on-line checkin twice at Manchester and both times I’ve still had to get in normal line and go to the check in desk. I admit when I get there I seem to get through quicker than others who I think may have not checked in on line. Not sure if I’m missing anything if but I wouldn’t be too worried if I didn’t check in online as it maybe saves me 3-5 mins.
If someone knows I’ve missed a trick please let me know as we fly virgin again and due to the ease of app it’s easy to do online check in.
Hi Martyn, good point, perhaps OLCI aids towards holding onto reserved seating FC members can select 72 hours pre-flight. We don't bag drop until circa 70 mins afore push back, PE check in is clear, my guess, perhaps OLCI, for me, may be habit.

Edited at 09:44 PM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
I don't think its worth doing the online check in as we're heading to the airport the day before which means I wouldn't be able to print boarding passes. We'll just wait until we get to the airport as I don't imagine it will make much difference.

Thanks everyone. x
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
I don't think its worth doing the online check in as we're heading to the airport the day before which means I wouldn't be able to print boarding passes. We'll just wait until we get to the airport as I don't imagine it will make much difference.

Thanks everyone. x
Hiya Ycryan, it's become the norm that we OLCI at the airport hotel and collect boarding cards at check-in the following morn.

Have a smashing holiday