Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Aug 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Is infant included in party size?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question but when booking ADRs do I include our 10 month old in the party size even though she won’t be ordering anything?
beaky2808 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes you need to include them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Yes include them. It’s for firecode reasons and table size. If you are at a buffet or family style meal they eat for free under 3.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you! I thought I should but just wanted to check - it’s only for BOG and Crystal Palace as our one special meal as we are on QSDP. Thank you for your help!
beaky2808 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Do you request high chair once you’re in the restaurant?
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s definitely not a stupid question. I asked the same question last year. Your booking includes infants and when you check in they will offer you a high chair. No need to book it in advance.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stan1805 View Post
It’s definitely not a stupid question. I asked the same question last year. Your booking includes infants and when you check in they will offer you a high chair. No need to book it in advance.
Thank you :-)
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

The Crystal Palace is a great place to take a little one, if you are worried about them being scared of Tigger etc then take them out of the high chair and stand up and cuddle them as the character approaches. I tend to introduce the characters "Tigger, this is XXX and he is 1 year old" to give the character an idea of what they are approaching (no idea whether it helps or not but I got into the habit of doing it).

You will need to leave the pushchair outside. And there is a procession where you follow the characters around the room which is fun to do (carry them!)
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
beaky2808
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
The Crystal Palace is a great place to take a little one, if you are worried about them being scared of Tigger etc then take them out of the high chair and stand up and cuddle them as the character approaches. I tend to introduce the characters "Tigger, this is XXX and he is 1 year old" to give the character an idea of what they are approaching (no idea whether it helps or not but I got into the habit of doing it).

You will need to leave the pushchair outside. And there is a procession where you follow the characters around the room which is fun to do (carry them!)
Thank you for the tips I’m booking it towards the end of the trip so we know how she’ll be with the characters as if she’s terrified we’ll probably cancel it, fingers crossed she’s fine though! She’s got Disney in her blood so I’m hoping so
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by beaky2808 View Post
Thank you for the tips I’m booking it towards the end of the trip so we know how she’ll be with the characters as if she’s terrified we’ll probably cancel it, fingers crossed she’s fine though! She’s got Disney in her blood so I’m hoping so
That is a good plan - we did it on our first day and were very lucky that ours was more interested in the food than the characters! There was another family who wasn't so lucky. Ours was more upset about the haircut that followed (we did the "my first haircut" package in the barbershop on main street which was brilliant and worth the wiggles).

I am sure it will go well and you will have a wonderful time, the cast members are great with the little ones.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List