Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 22 Aug 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
minniemad
New Poster (3)

Mobile is it worth express pass to Universal in July

we are staying at CSR for 14 nights and definitely will be visiting US and IOA is it worth getting express passes? we are already oover budget 😣 what will the queues be like?
minniemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Can you switch one night to a Universal hotel and get express passes that way. Do the night at the beginning or end of your trip?

I have not stayed at either for a few years but IIRC the per night rates are not that different.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

We were there two weeks ago and the queues were really long. I priced up the Express pass before we went and it was around £200 per person for the day. In the end we stayed onsite for two nights costing us approx. £150 per person per night which gave us three days Unlimited Express Pass, I don't think the ones you buy on the day are unlimited. We were able to walk on most rides with the pass even Gringotts and Skull King Island which didn't have Express passes the last time we were there.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have never had the express passes and been at all sorts of time of year! The only time we left the park due to wait times was 27th/28th December as it was soooo busy! To be honest i think youll be fine, but we dont mind the odd hour wait here and there !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post

I would do a one night stay at an express pass hotel which would get two days of express passes. I have only been at so called quieter times of the year and would have hated to have been there without express passes. I want to enjoy the attractions, I have rarely seen a short queue and I have spent a lot of time at Universal!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I would try to do one night at a universal hotel. Do you have any tesco clubcard vouchers you can use towards the cost?
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List