Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 12, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
NEW Busy Day Guide - WDW and other Florida Theme Parks

We have been working hard to provide our members with a more concise WDW Busy Day Guide and we would like to announce that it is now live.

Just click the Busy Day Guide link in the DIBB Menu in the side column.

Our Busy Day Guide includes the following parks
  • Animal Kingdom
  • EPCOT
  • Hollywood Studios
  • Magic Kingdom
  • Typhoon Lagoon
  • Blizzard Beach
  • Islands of Adventure
  • Universal Studios
  • SeaWorld
  • Busch Gardens
  • Aquatica
  • Legoland
We have also added this into our Park Hours, so now when you view the Park Hours you also get to see the recommended days and busy days.

We have done a lot of research before updating our busy day guides using our tried and tested formula.

We were going to go with a sliding scale as to how busy a park was expected to be based on a number of criteria, i.e., 1/10 to 10/10 but when we did all the work it turned out not to be the best way of doing things, it would just make things too over complicated with no real benefit. We compared our findings with other predictions and found ours to be a better solution for the majority of people we tested it with.

So rather than having a sliding scale we have opted for only showing the recommended park and the busy parks for each day. There really isn't any need to show if a park is 7/10 or 8/10 as real life tests show that all people really need to know is which is the best park to visit each day. This is what we have endeavoured to show in our Busy Day Guide.

Please Note:
Whilst we use historical data and other pertinent factors to determine the formula we use for selecting the best and worse days we always recommend that our Busy Day Guide should only be treated as a Guide.

In truth no one knows what the crowd levels are truly going to be on a certain day, not even the Parks themselves. There are indicators that suggest a park is going to be busy or quiet but they are just indicators and this should always be remembered when making your plans.

You will find at times that our guide disagrees with other guides you can find on the internet, this is just because their guess is different to our guess, it doesn't mean we are wrong or they are wrong it's just different sites giving different opinions.

Remember our Guide compares all the parks on a certain day with each other. At certain times of the year all the parks are going to be very busy, so even a recommended park for a certain day may well be very busy, our guide is just suggesting that that park is expected to be less busy than the others on that day.

Finally, we have worked hard to provide this guide, we provide our guide completely free of charge. Although we don't ask for payment we would ask you to respect the work we have put into this by not posting links or references to other sites providing similar guides (paid or free).

Thank You.
Old 24 Feb 12, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dringster
slightly serious Dibber

dringster's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow loving this new format and information, I can't wait for October and Novembers hours to come out . Thanks very much :-)
Old 24 Feb 12, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Thanks Stu, please be assured that all the hard work that has been put in is greatly appreciated, no only on the busy day guides, but to the whole running of the Dibb in general. Thanks for the busy day guide, I have printed off the relevant dates for me. I have never used a guide like this before but will look at my plan and make any changes as necessary. Many thanks again to you and all the Administrators.
Old 24 Feb 12, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks great! Thanks Stu
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 12, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Great changes, thanks

Edited at 03:45 PM. Reason: already found answer
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 12, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vsav4
Very Serious Dibber

vsav4's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow this looks good! I have just printed if off ready for march
Old 24 Feb 12, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ChristieK0310
slightly serious Dibber

Is fantastic :-) love the pass holders PDF!
ChristieK0310 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 12, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Thank you so much for your time and effort in putting this together.

Can I just comment that I can't find Universal or Islands of Adventure after June in either the recommended or avoid lists. Is this simply that they fall in the "inbetween" category or is there some other reason?
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 12, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
It is because there is no park opening times for Universal and IOA yet for those months. So they will not be calculated.

Check back on them later when the hours are released.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 12, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
It is because there is no park opening times for Universal and IOA yet for those months. So they will not be calculated.

Check back on them later when the hours are released.
Many thanks.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread