Old 20 Oct 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Butterbeer ice cream. How have I never come across this?! That will have to go on the food to do list.
You need to make a special trip for it! Although to be fair it’s really just vanilla soft serve with a caramel swirl!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

WPE at DS is one of our favourites usually have a pizza and salad to share. One of the best value restaurants in DS IMHO. Must get to Universal next year to try the butterbeer.
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
WPE at DS is one of our favourites usually have a pizza and salad to share. One of the best value restaurants in DS IMHO. Must get to Universal next year to try the butterbeer.
It’s normally one of our favourites but there’s so much choice in DS now we only got it it once.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Shame they’ve not moved the Star Wars dessert party into galaxies edge somewhere.

We quite liked it but the desserts are very sweet, I liked the flatbreads.

The viewing area is fine but I totally agree about the ledge at the back, we managed to get my mil a seat on that at Jingle Bell Jingle Bam andvthe other 3 of us sat on the ground, it was not the comfiest.

Shame about the Boathouse. The pizzafari thing looks good for a quick service credit, shame the pizza was too spicy for you.

Thanks for your report.
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Shame they’ve not moved the Star Wars dessert party into galaxies edge somewhere.

We quite liked it but the desserts are very sweet, I liked the flatbreads.

The viewing area is fine but I totally agree about the ledge at the back, we managed to get my mil a seat on that at Jingle Bell Jingle Bam andvthe other 3 of us sat on the ground, it was not the comfiest.

Shame about the Boathouse. The pizzafari thing looks good for a quick service credit, shame the pizza was too spicy for you.

Thanks for your report.
I don’t know if Galaxy’s Edge is maybe too far away to then walk round to the Chinese Theatre? The area in the Launch Bay was fine, it was the viewing area that wasn’t ideal.
I wonder if next time I should do sweet/savoury/sweet/savoury/sweet .

Trip Report Index
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I don’t know if Galaxy’s Edge is maybe too far away to then walk round to the Chinese Theatre? The area in the Launch Bay was fine, it was the viewing area that wasn’t ideal.
I wonder if next time I should do sweet/savoury/sweet/savoury/sweet .
Sounds like a great plan 😂
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great food report, I've been reading every day and keep forgetting to comment! I love seeing all the pictures of food!
The tiramisu and strawberry shortcake look fab!
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by beegnjasmum View Post
Great food report, I've been reading every day and keep forgetting to comment! I love seeing all the pictures of food!
The tiramisu and strawberry shortcake look fab!
Thanks for reading!

Trip Report Index
Old 30 Oct 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We call soda ‘juice’ on the East Coast too. I even cringe at myself at work when I tell customers their buckets come with a ‘bottle of juice’ as it sounds so common haha.

I had noticed that the ‘chocolate’ muffin had disappeared from Be Our Guest’s pastries plate.

Your poor Grey Stuff cupcake!

Sad to see Polite Pig so busy, that would definitely put me off. D-Luxe was a good alternative though; and I agree they are both amazing and greasy.

Hollywood Studios really quite rotten for QS options. I thought your breakfast at Docking Bay 7 looked nice actually, something a bit different. Shame it was disappointing.

I agree about El Mercado not having great options for subbing drinks, I think it’s because all of the yummy things are down the hall at Café Rix.

We really want to try Daily Poutine, I think we’d have to get one of eat too.

We also cancelled our Restaurantosaurus ADR.

I never made it to Aloha Isle for the raspberry and pineapple Dole Whip, I’m a bit miffed at myself about that.

Really pleased to see what you chose at Polite Pig, as that’s what I’d have gone for. The mac and cheese and slaw look great.

I also couldn’t cut my filet from the Canada booth, in the end I had to bin it as I was getting nowhere, and I drew the line at tearing at it with my teeth like a caveman.

I agree about haddock vs. cod. It is definitely a Scottish thing, not a cod fan.

I laughed at your description of the Pizzafari queue. One of my biggest peeves with QS is the other customers, they stand in line for X amount of time and don’t see to have looked at the menu until they get to the poor cashier. So much food for two on family dining.

P.S. I love Marie’s Magic Band, I thought the colour of that one was so pretty.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We call soda ‘juice’ on the East Coast too. I even cringe at myself at work when I tell customers their buckets come with a ‘bottle of juice’ as it sounds so common haha.

I had noticed that the ‘chocolate’ muffin had disappeared from Be Our Guest’s pastries plate.

Your poor Grey Stuff cupcake!

Sad to see Polite Pig so busy, that would definitely put me off. D-Luxe was a good alternative though; and I agree they are both amazing and greasy.

Hollywood Studios really quite rotten for QS options. I thought your breakfast at Docking Bay 7 looked nice actually, something a bit different. Shame it was disappointing.

I agree about El Mercado not having great options for subbing drinks, I think it’s because all of the yummy things are down the hall at Café Rix.

We really want to try Daily Poutine, I think we’d have to get one of eat too.

We also cancelled our Restaurantosaurus ADR.

I never made it to Aloha Isle for the raspberry and pineapple Dole Whip, I’m a bit miffed at myself about that.

Really pleased to see what you chose at Polite Pig, as that’s what I’d have gone for. The mac and cheese and slaw look great.

I also couldn’t cut my filet from the Canada booth, in the end I had to bin it as I was getting nowhere, and I drew the line at tearing at it with my teeth like a caveman.

I agree about haddock vs. cod. It is definitely a Scottish thing, not a cod fan.

I laughed at your description of the Pizzafari queue. One of my biggest peeves with QS is the other customers, they stand in line for X amount of time and don’t see to have looked at the menu until they get to the poor cashier. So much food for two on family dining.

P.S. I love Marie’s Magic Band, I thought the colour of that one was so pretty.
Anything you missed this year goes on the list for next year!

Trip Report Index