Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Oct 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile Memory Maker confusion

I’m getting confused about how to use the MM.
Once you have your photo taken it is available to view on your app - yes?

Does this count as ‘downloading’ your photos as you only have 30 days to deal with photos (Borders etc) from when first downloaded.

If this is the case then I don’t want to look at photos when we are away as I won’t have enough time once home to complete the ‘fiddling’

Please could someone clarify when the 30 days kicks in

Thanks
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

I thought it was 45 days from when you trigger the use of Memory Maker? So if you first used it (had photo’s taken) on 15th Sept you would have until 30th Oct.

EDIT: it is 45 days from the day each photo is taken or you can pay for an extension to 60 days.
disneyworld.disney.go/en...ration-policy/

Edited at 07:18 AM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I think I can help with this one. "Apprearing in the app" and "downloading" are - as I understand it are two different things.

In most cases (subject to data connection) "non magic" photos appear in the app soon after being taken. "Magic photos" - where something is added to the photo after being taken" take slightly longer (in our experience)

Downloading is typically something we would do on a PC after we are back from holiday so we have a permanent copy of the images.

Does that make sense ?
Old 13 Oct 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I think I can help with this one. "Apprearing in the app" and "downloading" are - as I understand it are two different things.

In most cases (subject to data connection) "non magic" photos appear in the app soon after being taken. "Magic photos" - where something is added to the photo after being taken" take slightly longer (in our experience)

Downloading is typically something we would do on a PC after we are back from holiday so we have a permanent copy of the images.

Does that make sense ?
You can also save them to your phone/iPad etc from the app. I was doing it last year and posting them on Facebook, for family and friends to see back home.

I found the 45 days was plenty of time. I played with the frames and downloaded them all to my computer in one go once I got home, definitely within a week of returning, after I’d played about with them. Even got a couple of lovely prints done online after I’d saved them.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
I’m getting confused about how to use the MM.
Once you have your photo taken it is available to view on your app - yes?

Does this count as ‘downloading’ your photos as you only have 30 days to deal with photos (Borders etc) from when first downloaded.

If this is the case then I don’t want to look at photos when we are away as I won’t have enough time once home to complete the ‘fiddling’

Please could someone clarify when the 30 days kicks in

Thanks
Borders etc can only be added if you are using an iPhone or ipad.

Once we're home we want to relive as fast as possible, so weve never had an issue with running out of time! We don't use the app to make in app purchases ... picture mugs etc which you may count as fiddling!

Edited at 08:25 AM.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Borders etc can only be added if you are using an iPhone or ipad.

Once we're home we want to relive as fast as possible, so weve never had an issue with running out of time! We don't use the app to make in app purchases ... picture mugs etc which you may count as fiddling!
I’m sure I did my frames on the computer, I know I did some stickers on the app, but can’t remember doing the frames.

Beware, getting other people’s pictures. I’ve got pictures of another couple on Buzz Lightyear, we had to ride it again to get our own photo’s If you do the Belle experience then you get a card with a identity number on, so you’ll get all the photo’s taken with it, you will get other people’s in that one.
2026 - maybe...

Edited at 08:31 AM.
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
I’m sure I did my frames on the computer, I know I did some stickers on the app, but can’t remember doing the frames.

Beware, getting other people’s pictures. I’ve got pictures of another couple on Buzz Lightyear, we had to ride it again to get our own photo’s If you do the Belle experience then you get a card with a identity number on, so you’ll get all the photo’s taken with it, you will get other people’s in that one.
They have stopped the frames on the web now just the app and only iOS .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
😱 well that’s just rubbish! I find it much easier to fiddle around with them on the computer.
2026 - maybe...
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
😱 well that’s just rubbish! I find it much easier to fiddle around with them on the computer.
I know , more Disney cuts but Think it’s more to do with it them trying to flog the usb stick .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I'm android and couldnt do stickers 'in app'. iPhone peeps can.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List