Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Sep 14, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Shelldub
slightly serious Dibber

advice on AP

Hi all,
So after my Orlando holiday at the end of this month I am considering getting the Paris AP but id like some info first.

I hope to get the dream pass. If I want to go in Feb how do I go about my booking. If I do it my normal way i'll be going through my TA and getting it all as a package. But what if I want to book it but with an AP. Ive seen I can buy the AP online. Is this straightforward. Plus when I do want to book a holiday is there a special nber or website I go to that lets me book as an AP with discount.

Think that's all my questions. Thanks.
Old 1 Sep 14, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shelldub View Post
Hi all,
So after my Orlando holiday at the end of this month I am considering getting the Paris AP but id like some info first.

I hope to get the dream pass. If I want to go in Feb how do I go about my booking. If I do it my normal way i'll be going through my TA and getting it all as a package. But what if I want to book it but with an AP. Ive seen I can buy the AP online. Is this straightforward. Plus when I do want to book a holiday is there a special nber or website I go to that lets me book as an AP with discount.

Think that's all my questions. Thanks.
AP discount rates can only be had with a phone call to DLP (just the normal booking phone number). They are not cheap - as your AP discount is off the full price (rack rate) of the room, which is stupidly expensive to start with. The best thing to do is look at a one-adult package which has a discount on it for your dates (so the current 2 days free on a 4-night stay for example, or the French 35% off deal). Use that as your starting point for prices, then when you phone DLP for your AP room rate you'll know which is the better way to go for you.

I haven't used AP room only prices to book a trip to DLP since 2008, as its always been cheaper, even with an AP, to go the one-adult discounted package route for the onsite hotels.

If you want a Dream AP you're cheaper (because no postage or photos involved) just getting it at the gates of the park when you arrive at DLP.

From October, keep an eye on other hotel websites too (Expedia, ebookers, alpharooms etc) as in past years, every year, they have sold DLP onsite rooms way cheaper than DLP themselves do, for winter dates (ie November through to Feb/March each year).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 14, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Shelldub
slightly serious Dibber

So can I book a room only on their website with there offer without tickets.
Old 1 Sep 14, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

So can I book a room only on their website with there offer without tickets.
which website? ebookers, expedia - yes. DLP themselves - no.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 14, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Shelldub
slightly serious Dibber

Yeah directly with Disney. So how do u go about booking a holiday with AP
Old 1 Sep 14, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Yeah directly with Disney. So how do u go about booking a holiday with AP
as I said before, you have to phone them and ask for the AP room only price, then book it over the phone.
Old 1 Sep 14, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shelldub
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
as I said before, you have to phone them and ask for the AP room only price, then book it over the phone.
Yes but if its cheaper to go with a deal they have on offer than go with an AP discounted room how do I do that.
Old 1 Sep 14, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Yes but if its cheaper to go with a deal they have on offer than go with an AP discounted room how do I do that.
then you book the one-adult package, including park tickets (you can't take these out). It means you have a set of park tickets you may not use, but that depends on how many of you are going on the trip, and how many APs you'll have.

ie if there are 2 of you going, you book one of you in on the one-adult package, they use the park tickets which come with the booking, and you add yourself to the room at check-in, and use your AP for park entry and food/souvenir discounts for your whole party during your trip.

Doing it this way only costs an extra 2 or 3 euros per night, only for the extra person booked into the room on check-in, and gives the extra person breakfast as well in the onsite hotels.
Old 1 Sep 14, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Shelldub
slightly serious Dibber

Ok. They really could have come up with a better system! So what if it wad a case of a couple going who both have AP. How does that work. Sorry for all the questions. Just want to get as much info as possible.
Old 1 Sep 14, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Ok. They really could have come up with a better system! So what if it wad a case of a couple going who both have AP. How does that work. Sorry for all the questions. Just want to get as much info as possible.
no problem - again you check the one-adult package price, and if thats cheaper than the AP room only price from DLP, you book one of you in on the package, add the other at check-in, and you have one spare set of park tickets.
Closed Thread