Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Oct 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mine arrived from Amazon today. It’s fabulous
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Mine arrived from Amazon today. It’s fabulous
Mine too, it’s a beautiful book. Not letting my kids anywhere near it, too scared they’ll damage it.
Old 18 Oct 21, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Me too, I'm in an ongoing war of words with their customer service.

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2025: Dibb villa "Villa4Orlando" Hunters Creek
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I had a reply to my complaint email today and apparently if an order can’t be fulfilled within 30
Days it automatically gets cancelled. She mentioned that the book is now available to order again and they won’t cancel orders this time but there is just no guarantee when it will arrive! Can’t say I trust a word they say anymore…
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

I’ve had that email as well
I have now ordered it through Forbidden Planet who have advised me that they are awaiting further supplies & that my order is still current & they will update me as soon as they know more. I haven’t been charged as yet, payment will be taken when book available & order will remain in place unless I decide to cancel it
Much better than WHSMITH who took payment in July & held on to it until this month

Edited at 06:48 PM. Reason: Addition
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I too received the email explaining the 30 days . How can they do that with pre orders ? I have ordered from forbidden planet too and unlike WHSmiths did receive an email .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

My copy has been in the house for over a couple of weeks and I'm not allowed to have it until my birthday next week. Sheer torture!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I mailed WH Smith today as mine was still showing as being on order even though they have pulled the book from the site. The have just responded with a pathetic I can have my money back if I want email.

No luck at all with the book given my Amazon one was shampoo damaged. The only place I can see has stock is on ebay and its sitting at £43.99.

While I was happy to pay my original £34 I'm not convinced without actually seeing it I want to spend £44.

No idea if they are actually reprinted this book or not at any point.

Added: Just seen it on Browns Books at £37.50 No stock of course but saying stock expected on 2nd November. Some hope perhaps.

Edited at 04:05 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
I mailed WH Smith today as mine was still showing as being on order even though they have pulled the book from the site. The have just responded with a pathetic I can have my money back if I want email.

No luck at all with the book given my Amazon one was shampoo damaged. The only place I can see has stock is on ebay and its sitting at £43.99.

While I was happy to pay my original £34 I'm not convinced without actually seeing it I want to spend £44.

No idea if they are actually reprinted this book or not at any point.
If there is demand and money to be made they will without doubt print more!
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
If there is demand and money to be made they will without doubt print more!
Normally I would agree. However in the case of this book there is little evidence of it. They have not made enough to satisfy advance orders and no sign of any reprint.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List