Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 4 Dec 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

Back to The Future, Mary Poppins and &Juliet, all amazing, saw them and Cinderella and would definitely go see them again
Old 5 Dec 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Went past the Palladium this week and bumped into this fella . Pantoland opens tonight .
Looking good for turning 64 next week.

Awww, you're so lucky! We would defo have gone to Pantoland if it been showing on a Monday. We've seen the Palladium Panto twice in last few years and it can't be beaten for costumes and sparkle.

We saw Donny & Marie in the Flamingo, Las Vegas several years ago. I paid for the top tickets so we could be down the front at the tables. Donny ran along all the tables and high fived everyone. DH immediately grabbed the cocktails in case they got knocked over, being a Scotsman, saying I've paid $28 for these! I still have my souvenir glass. Marie came out, did her set, played her guitar, changed her jacket and bits of her costume, kept it all going and hardly broke sweat. Donny came out, did his set, then had to sit down and towel his face. Happy days!
Old 5 Dec 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Awww, you're so lucky! We would defo have gone to Pantoland if it been showing on a Monday. We've seen the Palladium Panto twice in last few years and it can't be beaten for costumes and sparkle.

We saw Donny & Marie in the Flamingo, Las Vegas several years ago. I paid for the top tickets so we could be down the front at the tables. Donny ran along all the tables and high fived everyone. DH immediately grabbed the cocktails in case they got knocked over, being a Scotsman, saying I've paid $28 for these! I still have my souvenir glass. Marie came out, did her set, played her guitar, changed her jacket and bits of her costume, kept it all going and hardly broke sweat. Donny came out, did his set, then had to sit down and towel his face. Happy days!
Donny now has his own solo residency at Harrahs for most of the year.
I think he must be giving the Palladium heart failure at the moment as he’s travelling around the West End on a e scooter !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Pantoland was really good at the Palladium.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
RalphieBoy
Trying for More Ears

Moulin Rouge. We saw it in NYC in 2019 and honestly the most amazing show I've seen.
RalphieBoy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Pantoland was really good at the Palladium.
We went on Sunday so missed Donny, still a good show and they have given us free tickets to return over the Christmas break
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KitKatie
I want to go now!

So many great shows being recommended! I've heard the panto this year is more like a variety show than a traditional panto. I'm hopefully seeing it next week

Definitely worth getting the todaytix app as many shows do on the day 'rush tickets' for £25.

Come From Away is brilliant and would be my top choice but there's plenty on offer
KitKatie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thanks everyone. Great suggestions and we would probably have chosen Come from Away, but we have decided not to go to the theatre at all. We just don't want to risk catching something. After we arrive in Cayman, we'll have 3 further covid tests, the last on Christmas Eve. I really hate doing this, because the theatre and entertainment industry need us all to come back, but it's too much of a risk for us. Our day in London will be spent outdoors. Silly really, when we'll spend the following day cooped up for 12 hours on a plane...
Old 10 Dec 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
Thanks everyone. Great suggestions and we would probably have chosen Come from Away, but we have decided not to go to the theatre at all. We just don't want to risk catching something. After we arrive in Cayman, we'll have 3 further covid tests, the last on Christmas Eve. I really hate doing this, because the theatre and entertainment industry need us all to come back, but it's too much of a risk for us. Our day in London will be spent outdoors. Silly really, when we'll spend the following day cooped up for 12 hours on a plane...
Shows have been cancelling too as staff contracting covid so it’s very uncertain at the minute. Come from Away is great but if you can’t wait to see it, a performance of the Broadway cast is on AppleTV+. I think you can get a free trial too!

Have a lovely trip! 😊
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List