Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jan 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

How easy is it to fly from Orlando to Memphis for a few days

Hi all,
My cousin is taking her first ever trip to florida in July with her son, but wants to take a couple of days to visit Graceland in memorial of her late brother who loved Elvis, can anyone please tell me the best & easiest way she could possibly do this, she’s never been on a trip like this ever, so it’s a first for her & I’ve told her I’ll try finding out some info from you guys, I know how all clued up you all are
So if anyone could please share any advice I can give her it would be really appreciated
Thank you all so much & happyholiday planning! Xx

Edited at 08:27 PM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would say it’s easy enough to get an internal flights from Orlando to Memphis, especially if hand luggage only. A quick look on Skyscanner for august says that Frontier or Spirit Airlines fly direct from MCO to Memphis for around £80-100pp return. And just use Ubers for transfers from airport to hotels etc.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Southwest also fly MCO-MEM, it's about a two hour flight. Graceland also looks quite close to the airport so I'd say it'd be a really easy trip.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

We have been to Memphis twice weirdly in the last 3 months . We stayed in the Graceland hotel which is literally a few steps from Graceland and the whole Elvis experience. Sun Studios are close by too. Beale Street is worth a visit too.

I would definitely be aware of your surroundings as it’s easy to wander into places you wouldn’t want to be.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Romanmum
Proud to wear my Ears

We regularly do multi-stop US holidays because of family located all over the East Coast.

The ‘cheap’ airlines like Frontier and Spirit don’t have great customer service at the moment - a lot of flights get cancelled. I would check the schedule to see how many flights a day they have. If they only have one, I would choose another airline personally.

She will need to figure out what to do with her luggage if she only wants to travel with hand luggage only. I would check whether her hotel will store her luggage or if airport storage is operating now post Covid.

In terms of time, I think she will lose the best part of a day either side with travelling to / from airport, flying, checking in etc. Everything takes a lot longer in the US now post Covid. I would be tempted to put it at the start or the end of a trip because then she is not doubling up on travel days. The only complication is that there are no direct flights to / from Memphis as far as I am aware so it would mean an indirect leg back to the U.K. I would probably make the return leg indirect because then the stop happens at the start of the trip when you are less tired. This solves the luggage problem and will make her flight cheaper. She can search for multi-stop flights to price them up.

I would sign up to TouringPlans and post this query on their chat as NDR (non-Disney related). It is mostly Americans and they have helped me hugely with planning trips like these.

If she has not been to the US before, this is certainly a baptism of fire. If she is planning a return visit, I would be tempted to suggest waiting until things calm down a bit and she has a US trip under her belt.

Good luck.
Romanmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

As we get closer to spring, the Omicron wave dies out (no pun intended), and we get better at living endemically with Covid, we'll see a lot fewer cancellations. Spirit flies huge numbers into Orlando and depending upon when you're planning to travel, I would have no problems booking with them. The price will surely be right! Bon voyage.
Old 28 Jan 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Graceland needs booking in advance and I would second the visits to Beale Street and Sun Studio.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 22, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Graceland needs booking in advance and I would second the visits to Beale Street and Sun Studio.
Both times we have visited Graceland we haven’t booked in advance.
We just bought the tickets when we arrived,so you don’t have to book in advance.
Both times we didn’t know which day we were going to visit so bought the tickets at the ticket windows.
Tracy x