Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'm really enjoying reading this thread. My health, particularly with regards to mobility, is getting gradually worse so I'm going to carry on going while I can still walk ok. I go solo and don't want to go there if I need a scooter to get around. I don't do full park days and l'm not into the big rides, I love wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. I spend a lot of time chilling at water parks and the hotel pool. I eat mainly QS (I particularly love the jambalaya at POFQ) and the TS restaurants I like aren't popular, apart from Yak & Yeti and I have a Landrys card which is handy there. So roll on September 😀
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Since I have started watching travel vlogs again it has really made me look forward to going again. We are not doing Disney parks this time but we will resort hop and do Disney Springs. We will also travel to the beach and some of the nature spots. Fingers crossed we will see a rocket launch as well.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
homerj
Helping Minnie

Reading through all of these posts, the theme seems to be down to your attitude and i think that is a wee bit unfair. The way I see it is that its all about compromise. That is as long as you lower your expectations then you will still have a great time or if you spend a bit more you will have a great time, or if you change your usual holiday experiences/plans then you will still have a great time.

For us, we have always went as two adults and a teenage son. This time it is just the two adults and i have realised that our daily budget will be the same as previously but only for two and not three.

And so yes we should expect to move with the times and realise that things must change but my issue is that there seems to be a lot of changes all at the same time.
homerj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 22, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
A lot of it down to attitude. If people go there with a negative attitude they look for things to go wrong and don't enjoy themselves. If people go there with a positive attitude they do enjoy themselves.
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'm really enjoying reading this thread. My health, particularly with regards to mobility, is getting gradually worse so I'm going to carry on going while I can still walk ok. I go solo and don't want to go there if I need a scooter to get around. I don't do full park days and l'm not into the big rides, I love wandering around soaking up the atmosphere. I spend a lot of time chilling at water parks and the hotel pool. I eat mainly QS (I particularly love the jambalaya at POFQ) and the TS restaurants I like aren't popular, apart from Yak & Yeti and I have a Landrys card which is handy there. So roll on September 😀
These posts are contradictory.

The changes at WDW clearly don't make much difference to the type of WDW holiday you have had and will have, and clearly, happily, you enjoy a different type of WDW holiday than say

Mum Dad family of three kids or if I go next year, hopefully cancer free, but still wanting to do the rides, sit down meals, a slower pace yes, but I'm not paying vasts sums of WDW hotels and park tickets to not experience what I want, a positive attitude has nothing to do with it.

It's got nothing to do with a "positive" attitude it's really about the type of holiday one is used to experiencing as opposed to what is offered now. I went in 2019, with my grandson etc full of positivity, it was pre changes a pretty dire experience on many an occasion for a variety of reasons equally there were positive experiences.

People want different things from WDW holidays, hence the variety of rides, hotels, entertainment and food. As it stands IF i return, after over 13 visits I won't be returning to WDW, I'll take my money elsewhere.

To continually tell people if you don't go with a positive attitude, basically, it's your fault if you don't enjoy it.

OP

Go, knowing that the experience you had before may not be repeated due to COVID costs etc but I'm sure once your on the plane, you'll feel the excitement build. Remember, these are still strange times traveling anywhere, and I look forward to hearing how much fun you had.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by stacy87 View Post
I think it will vary for each individual too as, we all go to parks for different reasons. For example, this will be my first time at Disney since 2010. That was my first ever time at WDW. So it is pretty much going to feel brand new for me.

I don’t do big rides, so I don’t expect to be on my phone constantly wanting to book the next ride possible. I want to wander, explore, take everything in. Just enjoy the atmosphere of being back at Disney, and hopping on any rides that do take my fancy when I can.

I’m in a very unique situation in that dining isn’t a big thing for me, as I had gastric sleeve surgery over a year ago, so I can’t eat big portions. I’ll mostly be eating quick service meals, and enjoying the snacks at World Showcase for Flower & Garden festival 😊

I get that everyone is different, and I’m sure for those who must do the big attractions it may not be a pleasant experience, but I’m a big believer in trying to go with a positive attitude. To me, if you’re dreading a holiday, you shouldn’t be going. There’s no point going anywhere if you have any sense of dread.

I would personally say, if this is your first time back after Covid, and all the changes, go! That’s the only way you’ll know whether the changes will work for you on future 😊
I’m the same as you with rides and food. We’re happy being in a park and not really riding much unless the wait times are lowish as we just love the parks.

I had a gastric band nearly 3 years ago and this will be my first time in Florida with it so I plan on the QS meals and Epcot Flower and Garden food booths. I think it’s that that’s going to be the biggest change for me and I see a lot of take home boxes happening!
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Diddles67 View Post
Last November we booked our sixth trip to Orlando as we have always loved going to the theme parks. First time was our honeymoon in 1992. We used to go on a fly/drive with Virgin with everything included. We last went in 2010 when our daughter was 5. It will be me, my husband and our now 16yo autistic daughter. So much has changed over there since then! It seems the prices for everything are now through the roof, resort fees and lots of other hidden extras, things that used to be included are now extra (although we are staying off site this time), COVID restrictions and tests, park reservations, dining reservations (everything reservations it seems), changes to all the fastpass systems, we will need to request a DAS pass for my daughter as she cannot queue for long periods, getting into the parks at "rope drop" to be able to get on the newer rides. The more I look into the planning it seems to be more of a logistical nightmare than an exciting family holiday. We are going in November 2022.
I know how you feel. We have an autistic child who’ll be 11 when we go next. Last time he was seven and we didn’t get a DAS pass as we used Fast Pass and rope drop (all early risers anyway, especially with jet lag). We packed our days but even with downtime at the CBR pool most afternoons he was having huge meltdowns in the evening.

So this time we have booked a villa and will take things much slower. We’ll use the Das pass and do less rides and more chilling out.

The cost is painful but other holidays just don’t compare, and with rising fuel costs and climate change this may be our last trip there so we are resigned.

Try not to be anxious about it if possible and call to your mind how being there makes you feel. All the worry will fade away once you’re on Main Street in the sunshine 🥰
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyBlonde View Post
I’m the same as you with rides and food. We’re happy being in a park and not really riding much unless the wait times are lowish as we just love the parks.

I had a gastric band nearly 3 years ago and this will be my first time in Florida with it so I plan on the QS meals and Epcot Flower and Garden food booths. I think it’s that that’s going to be the biggest change for me and I see a lot of take home boxes happening!
We will save so much money on food huh? 😁 I’ve also been looking at the food options at the booths in World Showcase to see what I can try 😊
Coronado Springs - May 2024
All Star Movies - Jan 2025
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 22, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBlonde
Imagineer

DisneyBlonde's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 102
Guidebook Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by stacy87 View Post
We will save so much money on food huh? 😁 I’ve also been looking at the food options at the booths in World Showcase to see what I can try 😊
It will be interesting to see how we get on! I usually carry pouches of yogurt and baby pouches of puréed fruit with me as snacks but they can’t compete with a Mickey bar or a dole whip
2005-Holiday Inn I-Drive * 2007-QII/Boardwalk * 2009-Married December at the Boardwalk/POR/Rolling Hills Villa (TR here) * 2010-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 May-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2011 October-Rolling Hills /Boardwalk (TR here) * 2012-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2013-Rolling Hills (TR here) * 2014-Rolling Hills * 2015-Rolling Hills * 2016-Rolling Hills and Boardwalk * 2017-Boardwalk and Rolling Hills

DisneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyBlonde View Post
It will be interesting to see how we get on! I usually carry pouches of yogurt and baby pouches of puréed fruit with me as snacks but they can’t compete with a Mickey bar or a dole whip
I’ve never had a dole whip, but I can’t wait to try one! Though I hope they have the orange ones when I’m there, as I don’t like pineapple! 😂
Coronado Springs - May 2024
All Star Movies - Jan 2025
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 22, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU,
Excited about Disney

We’ve just returned from 3 weeks over there and it’s not the Orlando we left 3 years ago for sure. Everyone just seemed a bit fed up & not overly friendly. We knew it would be different, how could it not be, but we both felt they’re not quite ready yet.

There is a real shortage of workers. We stayed onsite for a few days, but mostly on Idrive and if you weren’t out for dinner by 6, you had a very long wait for a table in a restaurant half empty. Everything is way more expensive, no shopping bargains to be had and there was a shortage of things too. It was very busy and I’m not quite sure how they will cope come Easter.

I was determined to love it, and I did, My husband not so and if he never had to return, he would be happy. He will though 😏
LOU, is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List