Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Mar 22, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshsaint
Trying for More Ears

Virgin economy meals

Hi all, has anyone flown with Virgin Atlantic from Heathrow to MCO lately? Trying to find out what meals are served during this flight but can't find anything online or in my booking. If anyone has some info please share. Thanks. Ryan
Welshsaint is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 22, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It's generally one main meal and one snack/ breakfast croissant type thing

The menu changes quite often, but it confirms to the general airline offering of chicken or beef (with a pre order veggie option)
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
benkaylamum
Proud to wear my Ears

We flew out a few days ago from Heathrow. Sorry to say, but honestly it was the worst food I have ever had on a Virgin flight. There was two options, chicken pasta or Thai green curry. I wish I had taken a photo of the curry, looked awful and unfortunately tasted the same. There was a chocolate pot and a packet of biscuits with soft cream cheese. No salad now. A small ice lolly was offered and then later there was the high tea with roll and scone with jam and clotted cream. I don't expect too much, I know it's airline food but it's really poor. We were in economy but my brother was in premium and his food wasn't much better. I'd bring your own food if possible.
benkaylamum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I learnt long ago now to buy some nice sandwiches before boarding and never ever rely on the plane food. I wouldn't eat it at home so I sure aren't eating it on a plane.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

At christmas it was bad I didn't lift the lid on any of my meals the kids had cheesy tomato pasta and they had forgotten to put the sauce and cheese on them, just take your own snacks and sandwiches
Old 30 Mar 22, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshsaint
Trying for More Ears

Thanks for all the replies, we do tend to grab some meal deals from the shops before boarding just in case but this is our first time flying with virgin so was hopeful it would be decent food, clearly not
Welshsaint is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamx
Excited about Disney

We fly on a Sunday and I was hoping for a roast style dinner 🙈.

Are the economy meals different to premium? I watched a vlog yesterday and the child’s meal (in premium) had popcorn chicken, corn on the cob and broccoli! It looked quite nice 😊
DisneyDreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamx View Post
We fly on a Sunday and I was hoping for a roast style dinner 🙈.

Are the economy meals different to premium? I watched a vlog yesterday and the child’s meal (in premium) had popcorn chicken, corn on the cob and broccoli! It looked quite nice 😊
😂 we flew New Year’s Eve I thought we might get a little glass of fizz to see in the New Year nothing 😂
Old 30 Mar 22, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I’m thinking of preordering the vegan meal for our June flight. I have always found that slightly better than the normal offerings.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ScottUTAH
Excited about Disney

Food was so and so. Kids didn't eat there's. I'd eat about anything tho 😂
ScottUTAH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List