Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Apr 22, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Try and get some corsodyl and just keep gargling with it, I just use it as and when rather than what's on the bottle hope you feel better x
Old 14 Apr 22, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Try and get some corsodyl and just keep gargling with it, I just use it as and when rather than what's on the bottle hope you feel better x
Unfortunately Corsodyl is prescription only in the U.S
Old 14 Apr 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
I get these quite often with partially ruptured wisdom tooth leaving a flap of gum that debris can get caught under. This works for me with an infection.

Not cheap, but cheaper than dentist.

walmart/ip/Philips-S...X8332/50337131

And in UK I fill the reservoir with some Corsodyl origional mouthwash.

Then place the nozzle close to gum line of problem tooth / area of sore gum and do a few squirts to wash out the problem area. I see if I can get a tiny bit of blood in my spittle then stop the spraying and just take some of the mouthwash normally. Repeat each morning / night for couple of days and fingers crossed - helps me.

These contain the active ingredient but obviously go for mouthwash version:

walmart/search?q=chl...ne+digluconate
You can actually get a Corsodyl spray now so don’t need to do it via anything else.
I got one on Amazon.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

There is an array of wonderful dental stuff over there and like has been said Oragel is great as will completely numb the area and it also fights infection.
Ibuprofen a few times a day too .
Hope you feel better soon.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

I literally feel your pain as I have an infection now after a horrible extraction…..you poor thing….best thing for the pain has been orajel and clove oil diluted with a bit of vegetable oil (has to be diluted or it burns but it is fabulous). On antibiotics now tho . Feel for you good luck! X
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh no Kat I hope it's better soon x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

All you kind words and advice mean a lot so thank you again for them.

It seems to be easing off a bit now so hopefully on its way out?! I’ve managed to get some Orajel from the first aid services at Epcot yesterday, although not the strong stuff it’s helping a little. Might try the gargling salt water if I can’t get the other things mentioned.

To make matters worse the whole family burnt ourselves at Discovery Cove on our first day! Such a rookie error on my part. I didn’t take sun cream as I didn’t think we were allowed to use it cos of the marine animals (apparently you are allowed to use your own if not actually swimming with the Dolphins 🙄 ) so had to use there’s. The weather wasn’t hot so also another underestimation! I might show you my legs if you like as there’s a solid red line where I had the wetsuit on! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ahh, you're not having much luck with your burnt legs and gum infection . I hope it hasn't stopped you enjoying some tasty treats and all the lovely food.

As a teenager I suffered with very bad tonsilitis and the best thing for it was gargling with salt water, literally a tea spoon of salt and a couple of dessert spoons of water mixed. Do not swallow! It tastes pretty rank but it did ease the pain for a little while and will help if there's an infection.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ahh, you're not having much luck with your burnt legs and gum infection . I hope it hasn't stopped you enjoying some tasty treats and all the lovely food.

As a teenager I suffered with very bad tonsilitis and the best thing for it was gargling with salt water, literally a tea spoon of salt and a couple of dessert spoons of water mixed. Do not swallow! It tastes pretty rank but it did ease the pain for a little while and will help if there's an infection.
Yes we are still enjoying ourselves, especially since the sunburns settled. Going to try that lovely sounding salt water solution later 🤮 Enjoying sitting around the hotel pool at the moment. 🥰

We’ve not let it spoil things. 😀

I’m really enjoying your pre-trippie by the way. 👍🏻 It’ll be nice to watch your plan unfold over the coming months once our trips over. ☹️

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 22, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

My dentist always advises salt water washes for when my gum swells due to an unerruptedtooth.

Teaspoon of salt in hot as you can stand it water
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List