Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 18 Apr 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Universal AP - Comment AND a Question! 😊

So I've just purchased a 2 park Preferred AP from Universal and wanted to let everyone know the price:
Total price on Universal was $532.49
Total price taken from my bank was £408.35

Seems like they offer a pretty decent exchange rate compared to current travel money operators!

Just wondered a couple of things:
A - Am I able to link this to the Universal App already, or can I only do that once I pick up the physical pass?
B - If I can do the above, will it trigger a start date? Or will it hold off until I actually use it to enter a park?

Thanks
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We had to scan the physical cards to add them, can’t recall if that was the only way though.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

The exchange rate for all cards is the proper rate less any fees your bank charges for a foreign transaction. This has always been the case. It has nothing to do with Universal and is solely the price your bank has charged. Travel money operators always sell currency at around 3-10 cents off of the true exchange rate.

If you have one of the zero fees for foreign transactions cards then it would’ve been even better.

If you can link it, it won’t trigger the start date, that’s when you scan it for the first time at the turnstile.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks both!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Another question - I've just noticed in the preferred AP benefits section:

- 10% Off The Following:

All Universal Orlando owned and operated restaurants and carts (excluding alcoholic beverages)

Has this changed? I seem to recall on my last AP (2018-ish) that this benefit excluded outdoor food carts?
Can you now get 10% discount absolutely everywhere?
Old 20 Apr 22, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
Another question - I've just noticed in the preferred AP benefits section:

- 10% Off The Following:

All Universal Orlando owned and operated restaurants and carts (excluding alcoholic beverages)

Has this changed? I seem to recall on my last AP (2018-ish) that this benefit excluded outdoor food carts?
Can you now get 10% discount absolutely everywhere?
We’ve just bought 3 park preferred passes and my understanding it’s a 10% discount almost everywhere including the carts. I think it’s the seasonal and power where it doesn’t include the carts.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 22, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Sorry to jump in, I’ve just upgraded our tickets for seasonal passes. Will we get a discount at in restaurants. I just assumed we wouldn’t for some reason! Thanks
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Sorry to jump in, I’ve just upgraded our tickets for seasonal passes. Will we get a discount at in restaurants. I just assumed we wouldn’t for some reason! Thanks
I don’t think you do with the seasonal pass.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 22, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
We’ve just bought 3 park preferred passes and my understanding it’s a 10% discount almost everywhere including the carts. I think it’s the seasonal and power where it doesn’t include the carts.
Thanks. I actually upgraded to the Preferred in 2018 and that was when I was told the discount was indoor food, indoor & outdoor merch.

Wondering if it hasn't changed, whether it was just a stroppy employee being stubborn? 😂