Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Apr 22, 04:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tubbyherman View Post
Thank goodness for that, I bet your poor Dad will be holding his breathe at the other end. Thank you so much for the update. Have a wonderful trip
Final update - everything was fine, it wasn’t even mentioned on arrival into Tampa! Slightly gutted, me and my Mum had been winding him up on and off about rubber gloves ha ha
Old 23 Apr 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
Final update - everything was fine, it wasn’t even mentioned on arrival into Tampa! Slightly gutted, me and my Mum had been winding him up on and off about rubber gloves ha ha
You are an absolute legend, thank you so much for the update it has helped put my mind at ease. Though I'm sure I'll always be slightly apprehensive each time he has to use it over the next 10 yrs. Have a wonderful holiday
Tubbyherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 22, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I thought mine was preprinted electronically.
I’m sure I’ve Never signed a passport😕, is this new for the blue ones?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 22, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
yes it is for the new passports

my old red passport that expired in January had my signature pre printed on the passport but the new black replacement has to be signed
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by force ten View Post
yes it is for the new passports

my old red passport that expired in January had my signature pre printed on the passport but the new black replacement has to be signed
It's not just the new passports. My dh and dd have red passports issued in 2018 and they had to sign those as it was no longer printed.
Old 30 Apr 22, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbyherman
Trying for More Ears

Just incase this applies to anyone else, as well as the reassurance from from Gill635 I thought I'd post the reply I've had from HMPO

Thank you for your email

Her Majesty’s Passport Office recommends that passport holders sign in black ink. However, if the passport is signed in another colour it will remain valid.
Errors with signing a passport may result in the holder encountering issues at border controls. If the passport holder is concerned that an error may cause an issue when travelling, they may choose to renew their passport, and the relevant fee will apply.
Tubbyherman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 22, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Greenfrog
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hello and sorry to resurrect this but my 15 year old daughter has signed well above the line where she is supposed to sign. Not on the line as required, but in the general space under the picture. The passport office said if I am worried to pay for a new one which is awful. Nobody can check it apparently.
Disneyland Paris Santa Fe x 2, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, Davy Crockett Ranch, Newport Bay Club; Disneyland Hyatt Regency Orange County, Knotts Berry Farm Hotel; Disney World I-drive, villa, soon to be LBV.
Greenfrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 22, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Ilovedisney
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
If he is that bothered about it, can’t he go over his signature in black ink.
I did this after filling it in blue ink.
Ilovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

If anyone queries the blue ink, just tell them you are colour-blind and thought it was black.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 23, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
jimmis
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hi to all i got new black.blue in post today and a note saying sign it...but no note about BLACK ink being needed, I signed in GREEN! PLEASE can you re-confirm that the passport office did indeed say this?"just incase this applies to anyone else, as well as the reassurance from from Gill635 I thought I'd post the reply I've had from HMPO

Thank you for your email

Her Majesty’s Passport Office recommends that passport holders sign in black ink. However, if the passport is signed in another colour it will remain valid.
Errors with signing a passport may result in the holder encountering issues at border controls. If the passport holder is concerned that an error may cause an issue when travelling, they may choose to renew their passport, and the relevant fee will apply.
jimmis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List