Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Apr 22, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
OMG Iíve just found this thread!

We had exactly the same problem! We didnít take our cream as we didnít think we were allowed to but weíre told when we got there that we could use our own if not swimming with the dolphins.

It was our first day and we got absolutely burned really bad 2nd degree burns! even after using their cream! It clearly doesnít work. It spoiled our first few days and I was really worried about my younger teens skin as sheís pretty pale at the best of times.

I honestly think Iíve been a bit traumatised by it and donít think weíll ever go back now.

They should be told.

This was taken 4 days later. Iím still pealing now nearly 3 weeks later.

I wouldnít mind but it wasnít even that hot 20/21 degrees.

Kat
Same for us was 20 degrees was the coldest day there and we were shivering but still put loads of that cream on as it was sunny and knew could burn and we all fair skinned.

My nose blistered and still not recovered nearly 3 weeks later.

We would go again as really enjoyed the day but I wonít be using their cream again will buy some reef safe cream just for that day if needs be.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi,

If you Google search reef safe suncreams there are loads to choose from I use Ultra Violette which you can buy from a few places including cult beauty
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 22, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rbecking View Post
Same for us was 20 degrees was the coldest day there and we were shivering but still put loads of that cream on as it was sunny and knew could burn and we all fair skinned.

My nose blistered and still not recovered nearly 3 weeks later.

We would go again as really enjoyed the day but I wonít be using their cream again will buy some reef safe cream just for that day if needs be.
Luckily I sprayed our faces just before we left our room otherwise our faces wouldíve burnt too. Just wish Iíd sprayed the rest of us. Or taken the spray. Iím still a bit annoyed at myself for not doing that. 🙄 my girls chests and shoulders were even worse.

Should see my legs they are still the same. I look ridiculous as the lines so defined because of the wetsuit. 😂

Kat

Edited at 10:27 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Does anybody know if any reef safe SPF 100 is available?
My mum had skin cancer a few years ago so won't risk anything below 100 when she's in Florida.

And after this thread there's no way I'm letting her use their own offerings!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 22, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rbecking View Post
We had a great day at Discovery Cove today!

Knew couldnít use our own suncream and have to use thereís due to animal safety, we smothered it on 3 times, about every 2 hours, itís so thick we all look like ghosts afterwards.

End of the day we all so burnt.
Yes! This!

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Same happened to us a few weeks back. We were super vigilant with applying it but all got burnt on any skin not covered. I did not even swim with the fish. Seriously regretted not wearing our own. I saw 2 lifeguards there with banana boat in their waist band so they obviously don't use it either.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List