Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 May 22, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
thephantom
Trying for More Ears

Have to say we found the place and toilets extremely clean and all staff super nice. As mentioned in my reasons many pages ago we got so friendly with some they gave us the ‘white’ preferred parking tags for the second half of the trip and those limitless drink cups.
All our issues on there own are a minor gripe, but knowing they will still exist in the future is enough to make us not want to come back. Still had a fantastic holiday!
thephantom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Yes this is me too. I'm going knowing it's going to be a bit different, but it's 3 years overdue and probably my last visit, at least for a long time, as my kids are all growed up now and wont come again.
My glass will be half full I know, and maybe even overflowing if I'm lucky!
I've said to DH all along that it will be "mission accomplished" just to stand in front of the castle again after so long. Zero expectations.

Don't care about the money, or extracting as much as I can from Disney. Just lucky to be alive, well, and have the money to go there in the first place. I'll be soaking in the gratitude rather than any negativity from the more demanding guests ☺️
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AndytheAmmer
First POST

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
We go august and are a mixed group of seasoned Disney visitors and first timers. I fully expect to be disappointed in comparison to previous visits and am hoping that those who have nothing to compare it to will therefore not notice.
This trip is costing a small fortune and if it hadn’t been cancelled in 2020 I wouldn’t go but it’s so difficult when others have been looking forward to it for what is 3 years now.
I’m hoping, as others have said, it may not be as good but we will still have a great time
In exactly the same position, Our vacation been rescheduled twice now, We have a group of 12 going, mixed ages & experience. Was so easy before with fast passes!
Let’s hope they’ve ironed out any teething problems by then.
Genie Plus, Lightening lanes! My head (& wallet hurts)
AndytheAmmer is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AndytheAmmer View Post
In exactly the same position, Our vacation been rescheduled twice now, We have a group of 12 going, mixed ages & experience. Was so easy before with fast passes!
Let’s hope they’ve ironed out any teething problems by then.
Genie Plus, Lightening lanes! My head (& wallet hurts)
Me three! 😂

Four of us have been before and have always raved about it, we are taking our son’s girlfriend for her first visit and she is so excited.

I’m just hoping we can give her a magical time and she will be oblivious to all the little and some bigger niggles and negative changes that we are already aware of 👍

I’m going with the attitude of just being grateful as a previous poster said - we are all so very lucky to be here, have enough to even be able to go in this current financial climate, and so I’m really just going to try to focus on the good stuff & that beautiful castle! ❤️❤️
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by baggies View Post
My 2 rooms at OKW were not dirty at all, I moved after the first night as whoever thought its fine to have a studio room right next to the bus stop was wrong, saying that my adult DS didnt notice but I couldnt sleep until there were no busses, busses stoppping, hyraulics raising and falling, beeping, busses starting and farting was not contusive to me sleeping. In the morning we were moved to a room on the 3rd floor, nowhere near a bus stop.

Housekeeping was bizarre either new towels old towels taken away, new towels and old towels remain, or bins emptied, we were not DVC but only had bins and towels changed together once in our 11 night stay

My OKW room "complaint" is that those in 1 bed apartments who think its absolutely fine to cook bacon for breakfast should be banned unless they offer some to those in the connected room !

I loved my holiday, as we have every trip its always different, I won't stay at OKW again but will definitely being staying on-site WDW in the future (probably 3 or 4 years time)
The only thing I really dislike about OKW is so many rooms near busses- I’m with you, they make a right racket!

Back to the thread… I never encountered bad staff. I have seen some people saying they have, but we didn’t. Resorts were also great, we found Boardwalk and SSR this trip to the usual standards.

But it makes me a bit angry even now to think of the mess we encountered, especially in MK, with Genie and the huge ride queues, and even queuing an hour to get a Starbucks. Really MK was not a pleasant experience at all for us.

Edited at 05:44 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

I agree with someone’s points about the exchange rate! That does make such a difference! If a $5 cookie used to be the same as £2.50 and now it’s near enough £5 up you feel the crunch….

Oh I loved that period of time when the pound was equivalent to $2…..the outlet shopping, always used to come home with new trainers and a few designer goods for a bargain at the outlet…..

But yes a bad dollar to pound rate means that what was already overpriced food is going to feel twice as overpriced. Captive market. Say in the uk, a cheese burger at MacDonalds is what £1.99? An identical burger in size and standard in a theme park or holiday park will set you back about £6.99 because they know you have no other option without leaving. Same principal at Disney, the food is priced to catch that captive audience but the exchange rate makes it so much worse for us!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 22, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I’m not sure why anyone would be fired?

Pandemic-aside, guest numbers are clearly up, people are spending more money in the parks (on Genie+, food, drinks, tickets, etc), perks like the Magical Express have been removed meaning Disney is spending less, so I’d expect profits to increase. Why would they fire the people running the business for making it more profitable?

For all that some people complain on social media about Disney and say they won’t go again (which is not a new thing at all), lots of people are still choosing to visit. Disney had said several years ago that their plan was to take more money from each guest and reduce the number of guests visiting. They are succeeding with the first part but the second part hasn’t quite kicked in yet.
While I agree with most of what you have said if the share price continues to drop the big shareholders will not be happy and would vote to make a change in management eventually
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pep View Post
While I agree with most of what you have said if the share price continues to drop the big shareholders will not be happy and would vote to make a change in management eventually
Yes, I agree, if the share price continues to drop. But I don't believe the share price is dropping, and the folk in charged would be fired, for the reasons mentioned in this thread.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, I agree, if the share price continues to drop. But I don't believe the share price is dropping, and the folk in charged would be fired, for the reasons mentioned in this thread.

A quick Google finds this… the share price *has* dropped significantly in the last 6 months, and although it has rallied a little in the last week, the general trend is downward. So I’m not sure where you get the idea that the share price isn’t dropping from…

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022

Edited at 02:26 PM.
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 22, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CuteLioness View Post

A quick Google finds this… the share price *has* dropped significantly in the last 6 months, and although it has rallied a little in the last week, the general trend is downward. So I’m not sure where you get the idea that the share price isn’t dropping from…
The share price has dropped to pre pandemic levels but most US stocks have faced similar losses due to the market conditions over the last 5 months this is not related to Disney World experience