Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4 May 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
#21
tigger48
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 12
We were there over Easter this year. Imho breakfast was not great this time e.g. lots of pots of granola out on the counter but NO yogurt, cooked items were not good and super greasy 🤷! Certainly not as good as it once was. Lunch on the other hand was better than I remembered with good choices.
Iíd also advise that if you want a float to go around the not so lazy river it seems now youíre going to need to grab one and keep hold of it. In all the years weíve been going thatís never been necessary before, but over Easter it totally was, to the extent that the very few ďavailableĒ floats were broken or badly cracked. DHís swim vest was actually quite tatty and when he questioned the condition he was basically told tough!
Itís still a nice day but as others have said, go early and establish base camp & maybe grab a float before eating breakfast 😉.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
Ohanaa
Excited about Disney
 
Ohanaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 21
Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
We were there over Easter this year. Imho breakfast was not great this time e.g. lots of pots of granola out on the counter but NO yogurt, cooked items were not good and super greasy 🤷! Certainly not as good as it once was. Lunch on the other hand was better than I remembered with good choices.
Iíd also advise that if you want a float to go around the not so lazy river it seems now youíre going to need to grab one and keep hold of it. In all the years weíve been going thatís never been necessary before, but over Easter it totally was, to the extent that the very few ďavailableĒ floats were broken or badly cracked. DHís swim vest was actually quite tatty and when he questioned the condition he was basically told tough!
Itís still a nice day but as others have said, go early and establish base camp & maybe grab a float before eating breakfast 😉.
Will remember to grab a float now too! 😂 thanks
Ohanaa is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
b00110908
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Nov 17
Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Hello
Weíve never been before and have booked for this trip
What time do you recommend you get there for please, and what time do they stay open until before your asked to leave
Just trying to plan the day, Iím assuming they give you the swim time when you check in?
Thanks
June
You'll have the best day. Arrive just before opening time (they open at 7:30) and normally you're ready to go home around 4ish.
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
florida_jm
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 12
Agree with all the others - arrive around 7.30/8am. Also would recommend own suncream as we did burn quite badly and it wasnít even full Sun all day (we reapplied and I know you can burn through clouds but compared to other days it felt like we had nothing on).

Lunch was definitely a highlight - we had an early lunch and then went back for something else later. If you arenít driving and like beer they have bud, bud light and bud light lime plus a few others. I wasnít keen on the wines! So had the slushes instead. Also they have ice cream but it isnít obvious so make sure you ask if you want it!

With regards to leaving things closed at 5pm inc food but you could still get changed then. Our hotel transport picked us up at 5.30 and there was still quite a few people around. We went just after Easter this year.

We didnít so the dolphin swim but still had a great day! Enjoy!

Edited at 09:08 PM.
florida_jm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 22, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 16
Originally Posted by florida_jm View Post
Agree with all the others - arrive around 7.30/8am. Also would recommend own suncream as we did burn quite badly and it wasnít even full Sun all day (we reapplied and I know you can burn through clouds but compared to other days it felt like we had nothing on).

Lunch was definitely a highlight - we had an early lunch and then went back for something else later. If you arenít driving and like beer they have bud, bud light and bud light lime plus a few others. I wasnít keen on the wines! So had the slushes instead. Also they have ice cream but it isnít obvious so make sure you ask if you want it!

With regards to leaving things closed at 5pm inc food but you could still get changed then. Our hotel transport picked us up at 5.30 and there was still quite a few people around. We went just after Easter this year.

We didnít so the dolphin swim but still had a great day! Enjoy!
They had ice cream? ! Gutted I missed that! 😂😂
__________________
Currently planning for October 2022

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
deanobrown
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian
 
deanobrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 18
Location: Manchester
Originally Posted by florida_jm View Post
Agree with all the others - arrive around 7.30/8am. Also would recommend own suncream as we did burn quite badly and it wasnít even full Sun all day (we reapplied and I know you can burn through clouds but compared to other days it felt like we had nothing on).

Lunch was definitely a highlight - we had an early lunch and then went back for something else later. If you arenít driving and like beer they have bud, bud light and bud light lime plus a few others. I wasnít keen on the wines! So had the slushes instead. Also they have ice cream but it isnít obvious so make sure you ask if you want it!

With regards to leaving things closed at 5pm inc food but you could still get changed then. Our hotel transport picked us up at 5.30 and there was still quite a few people around. We went just after Easter this year.

We didnít so the dolphin swim but still had a great day! Enjoy!
Do you think they'd frown on you mixing wines with slushies to make your own special treats? 🤔🤣
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
CoasterQueen
Earning More Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 17
Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
Do you think they'd frown on you mixing wines with slushies to make your own special treats? 🤔🤣

Cant see this would be a problem-just do it discreetly-sure others have done this before.
CoasterQueen is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 22, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Jan 16
Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
Do you think they'd frown on you mixing wines with slushies to make your own special treats? 🤔🤣
Wish Iíd thought of that!
__________________
Currently planning for October 2022

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MVMCP
On 24th June 2:42pm
Holiday joy will unfold at Magic Kingdom as Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party returns this... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 4th June 9:51am
SeaWorld say there is a high surf advisory on the horizon in 2023 as a... Read More »
Posted in MNSSHP
On 28th April 4:17pm
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park this fall during the resort’s 50th Anniversary... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.1766
CaxtonFX  $1.1792
Covent Garden FX  $1.1923
FAIRFX  $1.1833
John Lewis  $1.1767
M&S  $1.1578
Post Office  $1.1569
Sainsburys  $1.1736
TESCO  $1.1776
Travelex  $1.1746
Updated: 06:30 03/07/2022
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1308
CaxtonFX  €1.1241
Covent Garden FX  €1.1453
FAIRFX  €1.1346
John Lewis  €1.1335
M&S  €1.1153
Post Office  €1.1145
Sainsburys  €1.1280
TESCO  €1.1323
Travelex  €1.1302
Updated: 06:30 03/07/2022

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X