Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 May 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Rocking Ewok
slightly serious Dibber

What are those wait time levels measured in? Would be interested to know, wait times are only part of the story however.

While reducing I can tell you that wait times and how crowded the parks have been has felt a lot more than previously. Only last weekend was when I noticed it was easing off a bit, based on the last 14 days.

Would I say the crowds spoiled it, no (busy crowds are expected and more so with the pent up demand) but you can certainly see the pressures on other elements.
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Rocking Ewok View Post
What are those wait time levels measured in? Would be interested to know, wait times are only part of the story however.
I don't know the details. However, I believe they are a relative level normalised to the maximum wait level over the last 12 months. That is, the maximum peak wait time across the park over the last 12 months is found, this is set to 10, and then all the other wait times are scaled according to this. I believe it's something of a logarithmic scale as well.

These wait times levels are not meant to be compared to previous years. That's not their purpose. They show how wait times change over shorter periods - weeks and months.

So the above graphs show that over the last month wait times have slowly reduced at the two parks (I think the same applies to Epcot but AK hasn't seen any reduction). Pretty much all websites use wait times to measure crowd levels - because Disney doesn't provide guest number data. So that's the only thing we can use that isn't subjective. And, for most people, it's wait times they are mostly interested in.

Originally Posted by Rocking Ewok View Post
While reducing I can tell you that wait times and how crowded the parks have been has felt a lot more than previously. Only last weekend was when I noticed it was easing off a bit, based on the last 14 days.
Yes, that's sort of what I said. Wait times this last week are lower than previous weeks. And two weeks ago they were lower than they were 4 weeks ago, etc.

And, yes, in general the crowds are greater this year than in previous years. That was esecially true in January and February when crowd levels were much higher than normal for that time of year. March was busy as it always is, but a bit busier this year than previous years. Beginning of April was busy because it was leading up to Easter (with Easter changing from year-to-year it can vary when the crowds start to ease). The crowds have now eased off, as you say.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:29 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Sorry for going off on a tangent but been seeing on the cruise forums that the recent cruises from the UK that have just gone on sale have been creating pandemonium, 13 hour plus unprecidented waits on the phone people scrambling to book their places and all at sky high prices! For those hoping things would calm down over disney products weather it be theme parks cruises or pop corn buckets think again!
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
TooHotToTrot
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
It is our last day tomorrow, we did Disney and Seaworld. I agree the costs have been extreme and whilst it is 'nice enough' it doesn't justify the cost. It cost me Ł20 for four ice lollys today !
Seaworld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens - wow they have gone to the dirt since we last visited in 2015.

We plan to come back to florida in 4-5 years and do Universal and then head off to St Petes or something but Disney has had our one and only family visit.
Oh no, not Busch Gardens , that's one of my favourites.
TooHotToTrot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by TooHotToTrot View Post
I was in BG a few weeks ago - looked alright to me! 🤷🏻

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by TooHotToTrot View Post
I don't understood the comment that they have gone to the dogs. They have spent alot of money over the past 12 months at Both Seaworld and Busch Gardens on refurb projects including repainting many of the older coasters. The parks have prob never looked better for a long time in terms of presentation. The are continuing this as well, I know Busch Gardens entrance is getting upgraded currently and further projects across the parks.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m2k00 View Post
I don't understood the comment that they have gone to the dogs. They have spent alot of money over the past 12 months at Both Seaworld and Busch Gardens on refurb projects including repainting many of the older coasters. The parks have prob never looked better for a long time in terms of presentation. The are continuing this as well, I know Busch Gardens entrance is getting upgraded currently and further projects across the parks.
It's only like lots of other comments on here slating Disney even though they are constantly spending money putting new things in
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Think the reintroduction of the meet and greets in mid April will have made a big difference to the wait times, helps spread the crowds out no end.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Not been to BG for 30 years but SW certainly looked good in 2019
Old 7 May 22, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Thought BG was great at Xmas