Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
With an FX rate hovering around $1.20 I really don't think that there will be too many bargains to be had, even 3 years ago we were finding that "stuff" was cheaper in the UK than what we were seeing in US shops. We are planning on £60/person/day for food, so for 2 of us around $145 & if we are not shopping not really sure that we need much more IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '21
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 22, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Barneyswfc
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
With an FX rate hovering around $1.20 I really don't think that there will be too many bargains to be had, even 3 years ago we were finding that "stuff" was cheaper in the UK than what we were seeing in US shops. We are planning on £60/person/day for food, so for 2 of us around $145 & if we are not shopping not really sure that we need much more IYKWIM
SD
I think we will be okay then at $300 a day for 2 of us then haha
Barneyswfc is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Spending money really depends on how much you'll eat at the parks / when out.

I'm due to go in September and I'm taking about $3500 i hope for me and my partner... but i do like to shop at the outlets and i love Halloween so I'm sure I'll buy a tonne of merch. (hoping to take $4000)

so i think you'll be good... depending on how much shopping you intend on doing

2014 - Highland Reserve // 2016 - Thousand Oaks (Tui) // 2019 - Southern Dunes (Virgin) // 2022 - AOA TBC (Virgin)
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rozzyb2011
VIP Dibber

Rozzyb2011's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just jumping on to ask is fresh fruit and veg cheaper or more expensive at farmers markets in Florida?

2016: Clarion Inn, Lake Buena Vista
2018: POR & Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
2022: Dibb villa "Shamu villa" Sunset Lakes
Rozzyb2011 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 22, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rocking Ewok
Excited about Disney

That should be fine for spending money.

But it completely depends on where and how often you plan to eat, what treats you want and what sort of shopping you are planning on doing.

For the first part of the holiday we were in a villa (2 weeks) and it was the first time we havenít cooked any meals. Ate out each evening but with a mix of restaurants and fast food. When we were in the parks we tended to eat snacks rather than full meals as we find the park restaurants overpriced for what they are (within our budget but outside of perceived value).

We did a fair bit of shopping and still picked up some good bargains compared to whatís at home.

However the exchange rate and rising costs really does make it more expensive, price of beer and even fast food can shock when you work out the cost after exchange rate.
But for us it is a holiday so as long as we are in budget we donít count the pennies and get what we want.
Rocking Ewok is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

We are here now and have noticed an increase eating and drinking out however Ä3000 should be enough. Itís more the same as the UK rather than a lot cheaper.
Have done brilliantly on shopping though, found some real bargains plus you can give your email at the till for an extra 10% off at some outlets.

Edited at 02:59 AM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Take as much breakfast stuff with you as you can tea, coffee is v expensive ( most villas have a filter coffee machine ) in supermarkets marmalade, cereals and some snacks for parks I thought the supermarkets were incredibly expensive at Christmas.