Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

My husband built a gym in our garden 💪🏻 I must admit I don’t use the cross trainer or rowing machine because I find them boring and not enjoyable 🙈
I do a HIIT workout on the treadmill; 6 miles (5 min warm up then run fast for 3 min, walk for 1 min) this takes me 35 minutes.
I then do 4 sets of 30 squats with weights (raising the weights as I stand). Then free weights on the bench in sets of 4. Finish off with stretching.
Next day I go on the bike, starting on a light to medium resistance and turn the resistance up one by one per song (i have music blasting) when it gets to a slow hard cycle I then turn down the resistance one by one per song. This is 4 resistance levels and I do each level 3 times, peddling fast on the light ones, slow and steady on the hard ones. Boy do I sweat! Then I go on the mat and do planks, bum raises and then a basic 10 min yoga set 👍🏻👍🏻
I also have a rest day.

I would say I need to change up my bike day because I am on the bike for 50 minutes but I really enjoy it. 😝
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DDad
Excited about Disney

This year I've had to totally rip up my usual gym life due to a bad injury that needed surgery on my arm. So cardio and lower body strength training really. Getting back to lifting gradually but will be until well later in the year before I can do any serious upper body strength training.
DDad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

It's some years since I used a gym and my routine was much the same as yours, 25 mins cardio, followed by weights/strengthening exercises finishing off with toning.

I was much fitter at the time but I don't think my heart was in it, as I'd watch the calories I'd burned mount up until I got to 265 and would then think, "Oh, good, I've earned a Mars bar!"
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
It's some years since I used a gym and my routine was much the same as yours, 25 mins cardio, followed by weights/strengthening exercises finishing off with toning.

I was much fitter at the time but I don't think my heart was in it, as I'd watch the calories I'd burned mount up until I got to 265 and would then think, "Oh, good, I've earned a Mars bar!"
It's certainly hard to get motivated. I've lost half a stone since starting - combination of exercise and careful eating, so that is spurring me on 🙂
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I’ve recently started back at the gym after a long break. I tend to vary my sessions each visit between cardio/ strength and swimming/ sauna.
I try to go 3 times a week, on my cardio/strength day I tend to do 20 minutes on the treadmill, though this is getting longer as my fitness increases, followed by a session on a weights machine. 15 minutes on the bike followed by session on a weight machine then 10 minutes on the rowing machine, again followed by a session on a weight machine.
On my swimming sessions I try to swim as many lengths as possible in 30 minutes followed by a pamper session in the hydro pool and sauna.
It is hard work and I have to force myself to go quite often but I’m beginning to see the benefits, I seem to have loads more energy but that could also be because I’m not carrying as much weight.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

The hard thing for me is finding time to go! Life is just so busy
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Bumping
Old 22 May 22, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have a Peloton bike so don’t go to a gym but my routine tends to be something like:

20 / 30 mins cycling
10 / 20 mins strength (I’m trying to build up)
5 mins stretching at the end

I didn’t exercise at all before the peloton but it’s so convenient that I now have a 63 week streak
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Monday - 1 hour walk (6k) 1 hour upper body in the gym. I use both machines and free weights. I can bench 50kg but obviously don’t do that every week. I work shoulders, lats, chest, triceps and biceps.

Tuesday - 90 min walk (10k)

Wednesday - 1 hour walk (6k) 1 hours in the gym either doing accessory work or core and mobility

Thursday - 90 min walk (10k)

Friday - 1 hour walk (6k) 1 hour in the gym doing leg day. This involves machines and free weights. I can back squat 70kg and front squat 40kg. I can also leg press 215kg for 6.

This may seem like quite a bit but I retired just over a year ago so I’m lucky enough to have the time …….. yes I do lift heavy weights at 59 years old 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old 22 May 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

My friend has her own gym business and I love going there.

Mainly I attend the Boxing classes as they're my favourite. But I have recently started lifting more weights.

If I work out at home, I work with a medicine ball:

Squat reaches
Russian Twists
Reaching Romanian deaflifts
Rolling push ups
Sumo squats

And then I normally mix up some side plank raises or whatever I fancy to catch my breath. I repeat them different amounts each day. xxxx
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List