Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 May 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Obviously I've not been yet - going in August - but our island Oblu Sangeli has an all inclusive which also gives access to a Vegetarian restaurant and a steak type restaurant, think you can go twice if you're there two weeks, included in the all inc.

We also have spa treatments, two boat trips, free watersports like stand-up paddle boarding and also free snorkeling equipment for the duration.

The actual island is in two, one is adult only with its own pool. The water bungalows are on the walkway between both.

Not saying it's what you want but Oblu and Atmosphere by Oblu look like really good all inclusive and Trip Advisor seems to have excellent reviews.

We're on a speed boat transfer, in about 50 minutes.

Happy looking.
We had speed boat transfers, however, we cancelled the return boat ride after the first and booked the seaplane instead.
The boat ride was awful...we felt really ill for most of the journey and the other people on board were all throwing up... bounced us all the way there.
The seaplane was far better, including the experience and aerial views of all the islands.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
We are booked to go to Kuramathi next year, our first time to the Maldives and can't wait! Flying man to lhr then direct to male, all with BA. Aqualiv was great and really helped us. So easy to book with her, would highly recommend... Happy planning

Stayed at kuramahti a few years...brilliant... the spit of sand at the top of the island with the clear shallow water around is awesome.
Not sure if the stingrays still swim up in the evenings to be fed but that's a great site to watch.
If you haven't booked the seaplane for your transfers to and from Male then I suggest you do.

We are booked on the seaplane to kuramathi then getting the speedboat back to male. We are so looking forward to our trip of a lifetime... we have a good countdown though!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
We had speed boat transfers, however, we cancelled the return boat ride after the first and booked the seaplane instead.
The boat ride was awful...we felt really ill for most of the journey and the other people on board were all throwing up... bounced us all the way there.
The seaplane was far better, including the experience and aerial views of all the islands.
It really can depend on the time of year
I’ve done loads of speedboats in the Maldives and most have been really nice experiences
Only one was really rough but that was going between atolls
Old 22 May 22, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
It really can depend on the time of year
I’ve done loads of speedboats in the Maldives and most have been really nice experiences
Only one was really rough but that was going between atolls
Is the a time that's worse?

DH doesn't like boats and I'm scared of flying so after two flights we opted for a speed boat.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Is the a time that's worse?

DH doesn't like boats and I'm scared of flying so after two flights we opted for a speed boat.
If you are going to sangeli I think speedboat is the only option

If you go in the rainy season it can be a bit choppier
Old 22 May 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
If you are going to sangeli I think speedboat is the only option

If you go in the rainy season it can be a bit choppier
Yes I thought we didn't have an option. I guess first week of August is going to be rainy season too 🤮

Oh well, it'll be worth it once we're there!
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 22, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Yes I thought we didn't have an option. I guess first week of August is going to be rainy season too 🤮

Oh well, it'll be worth it once we're there!
You ll be fine
I only had the bad trip going between two islands when we needed to leave the atoll
Old 23 May 22, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son and his wife have arrived at The Ritz Carlton, Fari Islands.
I doubt if I’ll learn much more today though as they seem to have been travelling forever to get there, but they travelled from Vancouver and their plane turned back to the gate with a medical emergency.
Then they did have time between flights to see a tiny bit of Singapore.
Old 23 May 22, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son has sent me some photos and I’m now withdrawing from posting here whilst I get my jealousy under control 😂😂!
Seriously, it looks phenomenal.
Now I don’t have other details at the moment about the island, so I’ll fill you in once I know more and I have stopped crying because I’m not there! Ha ha!

My daughter in law on the recently arrived balcony/ veranda thing! Their room is unreal.

Edited at 02:01 PM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 22, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Carolyn,

I get the sense that your son might have had a bigger budget than I’m willing to allocate….but looks stunning!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List