Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caro View Post
I made the mistake of watching The Batman in 4DX. Wished I'd worn a fleece and taken an umbrella. Absolutely miserable
Taken that onboard, no pretty summer dress then😉😳
Old 25 May 22, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We've done this a couple of times. I don't get motion sick on them and I am very prone to it.

However it's super annoying and distracting from the film! It's fun for a couple of mins but then the novelty wears off. Although note you can turn off the water effects!

Screen X is awesome though!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumpy
slightly serious Dibber

went to see the second venom film in 4D. Nearly fell out of the chair and ended up with a migraine plus found it very distracting. Never again will I go 4D.
Lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

I'm glad this thread popped up because we were planning to see Maverick in 4DX next week at Pointe Orlando. I think we'll stick to the IMAX now.
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Well just got back from the cinema and a very good experience, both film and seats!

Seats -

Pros - loved the big comfy seats although a bit firm but guess that is all the gadgetry in them. Really enjoyed the movement and extra effects, felt it added to the film. None of it felt out of place imo for the film we were watching. We saw a Jurassic Park trailer with the 4DX and didn't enjoy the 5 mins of that A general thought that we were very lucky to have was seeing it mid week mid afternoon meant the cinema was probably not even a 3rd full. The 3 rows in front of us had only a couple of people in, our row had 4 inc us and it was a bit fuller behind us but not much.

Cons - cinema very warm, probably because of all the motors in the seats was dh guess. No where to put jacket and handbag, luckily could use seat next to me, due to no space under seats with all the gizmos! Could have done with my "sticky bum" jodphurs on as did slide a bit with my jeans on the seats. Only bit I didn't like was when you got "punched" in the back but it was only 2-3 times. One of the effects (would say which one as promised no spoilers) wasn't working over our bank of seats but hey we are all used to that with Disney. And finally we didn't notice any aromas/scents which we had been led to believe there were

Film -

We weren't expecting much as had heard it was just a Tom Cruise vanity piece however we both enjoyed it.

There are chuckles, memories and tears along with some gasps. A high energy action film with several nods back to the original. When it comes out on whatever media it will be added to our library. The question "do you want to watch Top Gun tonight" will now have "and Maverick tomorrow night" tagged on.

My opinion, hope you all enjoy it too
Old 26 May 22, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Well just got back from the cinema and a very good experience, both film and seats!

Seats -

Pros - loved the big comfy seats although a bit firm but guess that is all the gadgetry in them. Really enjoyed the movement and extra effects, felt it added to the film. None of it felt out of place imo for the film we were watching. We saw a Jurassic Park trailer with the 4DX and didn't enjoy the 5 mins of that A general thought that we were very lucky to have was seeing it mid week mid afternoon meant the cinema was probably not even a 3rd full. The 3 rows in front of us had only a couple of people in, our row had 4 inc us and it was a bit fuller behind us but not much.

Cons - cinema very warm, probably because of all the motors in the seats was dh guess. No where to put jacket and handbag, luckily could use seat next to me, due to no space under seats with all the gizmos! Could have done with my "sticky bum" jodphurs on as did slide a bit with my jeans on the seats. Only bit I didn't like was when you got "punched" in the back but it was only 2-3 times. One of the effects (would say which one as promised no spoilers) wasn't working over our bank of seats but hey we are all used to that with Disney. And finally we didn't notice any aromas/scents which we had been led to believe there were

Film -

We weren't expecting much as had heard it was just a Tom Cruise vanity piece however we both enjoyed it.

There are chuckles, memories and tears along with some gasps. A high energy action film with several nods back to the original. When it comes out on whatever media it will be added to our library. The question "do you want to watch Top Gun tonight" will now have "and Maverick tomorrow night" tagged on.

My opinion, hope you all enjoy it too
We went to see Top Gun too! Just normal screen though.

I really dont think this counts as a spoiler as its a major plot point but anyway if people don't want to know anything at all about the film then look away!

Right as the end credits are rolling a bloke near us says loudly 'Oh was that Goose's son? ' 🤦🤦🤦
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

We saw the film yesterday and thought it was brilliant.
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ultraviolet
VIP Dibber

Sounds good! I'd like to give 4DX a try but I get motion sickness on rides like Minions so I'm slightly worried I'd end up feeling sick! Our nearest cinema with it would mean a trip to the O2 I think.

I saw it yesterday at the IMAX Waterloo. Thought it was great and it got a round of applause at the end credits.

Also won't mention any spoilers but as you've already mentioned, I loved all the nods back to the original.

DD15 and DS12 haven't seen it yet so happily I have an excuse to go watch it again during half term next week

Aug 23 RPR
Oct 22 ES Dockside RPR / Apr 2022 PBH POFQ
Aug 21 Disney Magic / Aug 19 Pop BCV HRH Bakers Cay
Aug 18 Pop RPR Playa Largo / Aug 17 Pop Solterra RPR Playa Largo Atlanta
Aug 16 AoA RPR Windsor Hills Hyatt@Coconut Point Hilton@Key Largo Atlanta
Aug 15 Mondrian@Miami Hilton@Key Largo Legacy Park & Atlanta
Aug 14 Watersong PBH & Andaz@NYC / Apr 13 Hyatt@Clearwater & Floridays
Dec 11 Floridays & RPR / Dec 10 LBV Palace & RPR / Jun 08 Hilton@WDW & RPR
Ultraviolet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Well we went to watch it on 4DX yesterday an I thought it was a fantastic film. I loved the seats again and they enhance the film.
I would happily go and see it again

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant movie! Absolutely loved it, so many Easter eggs of the original.
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List