Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 22, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
People need to check out the number of DVC Owners selling up. They are allegedly Disneys most valuable Guests (their words not mine)
When they are losing these people there is a problem and it’s no good burying your head in the sand.
But if someone else is buying them would Disney care? Or have I misunderstood?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
But if someone else is buying them would Disney care? Or have I misunderstood?
Disney are buying huge chunks back themselves under the ROFR policy. Good for the seller

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Are the parks not busier because of PR? Think back to the pre-YouTube days and you had to buy a guide book or figure it out when you got there and you didn’t really know what to expect to experience other than family and friends photos. Fast forward to the boom of YouTubers detailing every tiny snack they eat and every row of every piece of merchandise in a shop, and suddenly the whole experience is in your hand. So the demand has increased in the last 10 years particularly? The only way of reducing the attendance by vloggers and influencers is for commercial use footage to be prohibited, which won’t happen.
The other reason for increased attendance could be that the kids who visited in the 90’s (like me!) now have their own kids, and want to experience Disney with their own family. The multi generational layers are growing and each wants to take their families and not just once every 5 years, but sometimes multiple times per year. The growth is just going to keep on coming surely?
I can’t see that pricing is going to keep attendance down. There’s too many people with the disposable income to keep visiting.
Can you imagine if they made it a package only place like a giant expansion of the Star Wars experience? Basically you can only access tickets if you stay on property?!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
We are on honeymoon here at the moment and after the first day we’ve both said we won’t be back. That’s never happened before and and we’ve been 10 times.
Louise that’s so sad 😭
I am really enjoying following you on Instagram though
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I

But Disney isn't cramming people into the parks.

It's currently limiting the number of people it lets into the park via the park reservation system. By all accounts, they could let more people into the parks but choose not to. Imagine the uproar if Disney reduced the amount of people it allowed into their parks and people found they couldn't visit any of the parks.
No, I've read that too, but they still look very full on all the youtube videos. There must be something making it more crowded, perhaps as a PP said it is people staying longer in the parks or maybe there aren't enough shows and parades to thin the crowd.

Either way I'm keeping an eye on the situation. We've still got a lot of other places to visit in the USA so maybe WDW is best left as a very precious memory of uncrowded, unplanned end of August trips.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
No, I've read that too, but they still look very full on all the youtube videos.
We simply don't have enough information...

"Limiting" could mean operating at 90% capacity, 95% capacity. Hell even 99% of prior capcity is limiting things. We don't know what percentage of theoretical park capcity Disney are operating at currently, and it could even differ from park to park.

Beyond that, Disney have worked hard for many years to attract people during what were traditional quieter periods with things like Run Disney events and festivals. If you visit Epcot these days and there ISN'T a festival on, you've been unlucky (or lucky depending on your point of view!)

Compounding that over the last six months or so is the pent up demand that Covid-19 triggered. A lot of people had holiday money burning a hole in their pocket and they've gone out to spend it.

Pre-pandemic the parks would only ever hit capacity on very rare occasions, primarily major holidays. It may just be the case that pent-up demand has brought crowds that are close to , say, Christmas Day levels on a consistent basis.

The hotel offers Disney have put on for the Summer, particulary the Disney+ offer on the US site, may indicate that they can see the wave of pent-up demand is subsiding so they need to start pulling levers to keep occupancy high.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Those of us who have not returned are in no position to give alternative reasons for why it's busy, is it value etc etc.

If someone says it's busy for them, then it's busy

If someone says it's quieter than they expected, then it's quieter

If someone says it's still value for them, then it is

If someone says for them it's not then it's no longer value

Those of us who have not been can judge and comment but have no real onsite judgment to use, since we can't compare

Just saying.

I we do not think it is not value for money, based on reviews
Caveat not been back since 2019🥰🥰

Edited at 02:54 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

It is expensive and it was more noticeable due to the exchange rate. However we just got back from a split stay having taken the in laws for their first visit and they absolutely enjoyed it. How nice the cast members were, how clean it is. We did everything was wanted by doing early mornings so had time to relax. The difference for us was we didn’t ride rides multiple times like usual. I tried and failed with genie plus but managed well with the lightening lane( used twice). I was asked multiple times for feedback and each time I mentioned the cost and the fact they shouldn’t have gotten rid of fast passes.

I think Tinkerbell is correct value is an individual assessment.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Those of us who have not returned are in no position to give alternative reasons for why it's busy, is it value etc etc.

If someone says it's busy for them, then it's busy

If someone says it's quieter than they expected, then it's quieter

If someone says it's still value for them, then it is

If someone says for them it's not then it's no longer value

Those of us who have not been can judge and comment but have no real onsite judgment to use, since we can't compare

Just saying.

I we do not think it is not value for money, based on reviews
Caveat not been back since 2019🥰🥰
You’re right in terms of an opinion. If people think it “feels” busier or not to them then that’s down to their own view.

But in terms of an objective fact as to whether the parks are busier (i.e more people visiting each day compared to previous years at the same time of year) or not then we can make a statement.

Disney have stated that the current number of park reservations available to guests each day is less than the full capacity of the park. So there are less people in the parks now then there used to be at Christmas when the parks closed due to reaching capacity. Disney could choose to increase the number of reservations or remove the limit altogether. But it hasn’t.

The parks may look busy, but they don’t look as busy as they would do when they were closed due to reaching capacity.

Now, of course, that could still mean that the parks are a lot busier now in May 2022 than they were in May 2019 or May 2018 (or any other May). I suspect that is the case. Other than around Memorial Day at the end of the month, May didn’t tend to be a busy time of year. So videos of the park this year will probably look busier than previous years at this time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:59 AM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 23, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Olaf
Earning My Ears

Wow really? What makes you feel that way?
Olaf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List