Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Apr 22, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

A no parks DVC stay - Hilton Head or Vero Beach?

So after the last 2 but particularly this trip I’m feeling a little let down by Disney Theme parks. The price paid for entry compared to how crowded it is and the availability of rides is really not worth it. I was thinking that next year maybe I’d forgo a theme park destination and use DVC at the beach resorts. Are they easy to get into at 7 months and what is there to do for a solo traveller apart from lie by the pool? Any recommendations between the two resorts? I know I could stay at DVC in Orlando and go to say Seaworld or Busch Gardens - spend a day or two at the gulf coast, but in the spirit of trying new (to me ) DVC locations the beach resorts sound like a good option.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I am thinking of vero beach with a Tui flight to Melbourne. It looks lovely-quite laid back.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
I am thinking of vero beach with a Tui flight to Melbourne. It looks lovely-quite laid back.
That sounds very nice.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We have a 4 week DVC Summer stay. The first week we are doing Vero. Easy to get at 7 months for an Inn Room Ocean View. This may be the way forward but we will see how it goes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
We have a 4 week DVC Summer stay. The first week we are doing Vero. Easy to get at 7 months for an Inn Room Ocean View. This may be the way forward but we will see how it goes.
It would be great to get your thoughts on the resort and surrounding area once you have stayed.
Old 8 Apr 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hilton Head is tricky in the summer but it is such a fantastic place, definitely worth a try!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Hilton Head is tricky in the summer but it is such a fantastic place, definitely worth a try!
I’d be going latest early May - no kids so I avoid the school holidays for my vacations. What makes it such a fantastic place?
Old 8 Apr 22, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
We've just got back yesterday from a 4 night stay at Vero Beach. A beach stay after Orlando. We have been before about 8 years ago, and the rooms have had a bit of a make over since then, but it still feels 'old school Disney' if you know what I mean! Cast members tend to be older and like to chat.

The beach is on the Atlantic coast obviously, so can be rough!
We were a bit unlucky with the weather as a storm front sat over us for a day and a bit, so weather not great! Very windy after too! The umbrellas and beach loungers/chairs are charged per day on the beach. $24 dollars for an umbrella and 2 loungers for example.

There is a pool bar and a grab and go next to the pool. Not a huge selection but very fresh. Plus a bookable sit down restaurant, which is mainly steak and fish. They still had social distancing in there, so I found it a bit sparse. Food was good and service very good. They also do breakfast in there too.

We had a standard view Inn room, I prefer it in the Inn, plus we wanted 2 beds!

It's about 10 minutes from the main area of Vero Beach, which we only really drove through? It's on a nature reserve and they have things in place for protection of the nesting turtles. Didn't really explore the area much, because of the weather!

I've added some photos. Any specific questions just ask 😁.

Our room;

Our standard view, better than expected!

Old 8 Apr 22, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4

Restaurant!

Some more photos!
Old 8 Apr 22, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Wow $24 is a lot!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List